Search results

1. N

Cowichan River Fly Fishing Tips

Would Bead headed buggers of any color work to imitate the fry? I've tied up a couple in pearl/white in size 8
  2. N

Cowichan River Fly Fishing Tips

Hey all, i want to catch a brown on the cowichan. Any tips, flies, hatches on right now woulod be appreciated! NSF
  3. N

Catch of the day

No rumors to be had in Elk/Beaver lake(s). They are 100% there.
  4. N

Catch of the day

Beautiful Largie!
  5. N

Fly fishing Lessons

Hey there, I was wondering if there is anyone around the victoria area who would be willing to give fly casting/fishing lessons. I've tried videos, ive tried everything else, and its not working. Would be willing to pay a reasonable price. Cheers, NSF
  6. N

Elk Lake Bass from shore

Anyone getting any bass on elk lake from shore? Wanna start hammering some of those guys
  7. N

Fly Fishing Frustrations

Hey all, No matter how hard i try, no matter where i go, it seems i cant catch a fish on a fly. Im in the southern Island, can anyone suggest a place where i could easily catch my first fish on a fly rod, just to eliminate those jitters and doubts? Thanks guys, NSF
  8. N

What strength leader/tippit to use in Cowichan River

Okay, another question then, the only line i have right now is 5WFF, should i be looking at picking up sinking line as well, or and i okay to fish streamers (Wooly buggers, muddlers etc) with floating line?
  9. N

What strength leader/tippit to use in Cowichan River

Hey all, Im hoping to get out to the cowichan river, and was wondering what strength tippit/leader would be best to use! I'm using 4ib test right now, but after doing some reading im wondering if this isn't enough.
  10. N

New rules for Sproat and great central lake

Im not sure why you would call it a sad move.... using barbless helps the fishes' chances of swimming away to live another day! If anything its a great move, and if people with minds same as yourself dont like it then maybe there will be less fishing pressure as well! Plus, with barbless, it...
  11. N

Palimino Trout AKA The Golden Rainbow

Hey, I was wondering if any of you have ever caught or saw a Palimino, aka the Golden Rainbow in BC, specifically the island? Thanks! Nova
  12. N

NHL Playoffs Thread

Whats everyones opinion on the first night?
  13. N

In desperate need of a fishing buddy

I'd be honoured to go with him, i know my stuff, tell him to get in touch if he needs one!
  14. N

In desperate need of a fishing buddy

Hey all. Just a shoutout to anyone else whos in the south island area and looking for a fishing buddy, feel free to hmu anytime!
  15. N

Salmon from shore in Esquimalt

Hey all, i was wondering if theres any place near esquimalt where you can catch salmon from shore, and if so, what on? Cheers!
  16. N

2015 Trout Derby

I was thinking we should have a trout derby here on the fourms, keep track of our biggest fish we catch this year! Bows, Steelies, and Cuttys are all eligible, just post your nicest trout from this year on this thread, along with the weight, and i'll take care of the rankings!
  17. N

Good Fishing near Esquimalt

Not sure why it's called a lake, more of a pond! Couldn't catch anything in Prior, saw a few small jumps though. Im going to try langford tomorrow. its my last chance at not getting skunked 4 days in a row:mad:
  18. N

Baits and flys to use for rainbow trout, on victoria area lakes

I got a few of those, hopefully i'll get some today! Cheers
  19. N

Out of the 3 colors i have, all 3 are listed there! Awesome :)
  20. N

Thanks alot guys! I grabbed some pink power eggs, as well as some orange ones at Canadian tire tonight! Might head back to Thetis tomorrow for round 3, hopefully with more luck this time. Hope to see you guys around!
Back