Search results

1. Silent knots

Fishing Stereotypes lol

They're out there.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_a7AZbJGNM
  2. Silent knots

Ramp Fail

The boat was still secured to the trailer and he had no 'Whoa!'. Another good reason for a little extra tongue length on the trailer - it's often helpful for difficult launches. (Not that that one was).
  3. Silent knots

Charter recommendations

Agree with this recommendation!
  4. Silent knots

12ft aluminum boat and a bimini top

Easy fix.... New boat with a bimini ;)
  5. Silent knots

What's for dinner tonight ?

Tried something a little different last night... Guinness/Panko battered Halibut. Yup... will be doing that again!
  6. Silent knots

Maggots?

Best combo for those area lakes... from my experince is a willow leaf, wedding band and worm... or chrominid in place of wedding band and worm. Pink and red are usually good producing colours, granted depending on the food source and time of year you'll want to have some variety. As for...
  7. Silent knots

You biggest Halibut

Well this will be our biggest halibut as they are our first! After some trial and error... and alot of $$, we opted to book a trip out with Blue Wolf Charters! Great day on the water with good company - lots learned from Roy! Mine was 28 and my husbands 24 :) All smiles from us!
  8. Silent knots

2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

We went out (Sangster/Winchelseas) on Saturday as well, 0830-1800 or thereabouts with a guide and same thing... with the exception of one undersize throwback in the morning. It was not for lack of trying however.... I think he was pretty frustrated and we were all tired and ready to call it...
  9. Silent knots

Big Lings at Thrasher

I would like to think so as well but.... You can hope in one hand and poop in the other and you'll find out which fills first.
  10. Silent knots

Duncan Prawn Festival

$5/lb last July off the Cow Bay docks...
  11. Silent knots

Sidney Reports 2015

Zero Rock... 170ft, couple of flounder, crab on the line and lots of nibbles and going through bait... Days not over yet!
  12. Silent knots

cutthroatsgalore

It doesn't matter what the topic or how interesting it might be... if you can't get the attention of your targeted readers, you may as well not waste your time writing it. He's an educated creative writer that's using a little profanity to attract attention... The cause is worthy, I can look...
  13. Silent knots

Brentwood Prawners Beware

We've had good luck in the Chemainus area... watch your traps - too many on shore with boats making runs back and forth. I'm certain most are legit, but I would also wager a bet that the thieves are amongst us and learn from this forum as well!
  14. Silent knots

Victoria Paramedic and Emergency Service Derby

Should be a great day and lots of thanks to all of the sponsors! Edited: Not sure how to make this poster larger, will try to work on it! Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/victoriaemergencyworkers/photos_stream?ref=page_internal
  15. Silent knots

Abandoned/lost crab and prawn traps?

I can't tell you if they are 'lost' or 'abandoned' but I can tell you, with respect to the ones I have observed, that they were in the same spots for well over 3 months before I reported their existance and it's been another 2 months. No names, no numbers (growth) and we've been out days on end...
  16. Silent knots

Abandoned/lost crab and prawn traps?

What is the accepted general practice when you observe the same trap in the same spot for months on end... no contact info? According to the DFO I spoke with, if you take them it's theft so I advised of the locations of about a dozen and while he stated they would go and remove them, they're...
  17. Silent knots

Crab Trap Recommendations?

After trial/error and losses, we now use the cheap square collapse type. Tried some of the rectangle/folding with netting in order to save space on the boat but found they were more of a pain trying to get the crabs out of the netting and when lost/stolen more expensive to replace them. Never...
  18. Silent knots

Top 3 best 80s rock songs/bands

That's a tough one... Lots of great rock groups and songs to pick from. This post will date most of us :) 1. Another one bites the dust - Queen 2. You shook me all night long - AC/DC 3. Another brick in the wall - Pink Floyd
  19. Silent knots

Prawns Depths and Times

The spots we go to vary... 175-275 generally. We prawn at a few spots from Chemainus down to Mill Bay areas. After alot of trial and error, we've found the depth isn't as crutial as the bottom structure and food source areas. We've had traps with zip and those with 20-30 up to 50 feet away. 2-4...
  20. Silent knots

Halibut Anchor Puller

http://www.anchorpullers.com/
Back