Search results

1. Corey_lax

Who Knows Axes?

Found an axe in the shed that I like the looks of and might shine it up. Hatchet size handle. Head is sharpened on one side only and the butt end looks like it’s been used as a hammer like my cordless tools. Anyone know what it is? Carpenters axe? Roofing axe? Something else? I can’t see any...
  2. Corey_lax

Ram Cummins Fan Clutch Removal Tools -sold

Custom tools from geno’s garage to remove the fan clutch from Cummins 5.9 and 6.7 from 1991.5-current. Brand new, never used. Pick up in Port Coquitlam. $50
  3. Corey_lax

John Deere 46” Snow Plow - $400 obo SOLD

John Deere 46” snow plow for lawn tractor/mower. Model GX018BD. Came with the house but I’ve never used it. Blade looks in great shape. You can turn it left, straight, or right, and go up and down while driving. One of the pins that mounts to the tractor has been replaced with a 1/2” bolt. And...
  4. Corey_lax

Rubber Driveway vs. Asphalt

Does anyone have a rubber driveway? I've seen them around lately and wondering how they are for durability and initial cost compared to a standard asphalt driveway. I have to re-do mine next year and also add a linear drain in front of the garage because we get water coming in under the garage door.
  5. Corey_lax

Canada Banning WD40, Brake Clean, etc.

This is getting out of control. WD40 in aeresol cans will be banned in January 2024. No more brake clean too? What are mechanics supposed to do lol
  6. Corey_lax

Wasp traps recomendation

We got a ton of wasps this year. What’s your go to technique for trapping them? Buy the bags or a DIY trap?
  7. Corey_lax

WTB Mercury Smartcraft Speedometer Cable

I installed Smartcraft gauges on my boat but realized I have two tachometer wiring harnesses and no speedometer harness. Does anyone in lower mainland have a speedometer harness before I go to the dealer?
  8. Corey_lax

WTB: Rod Travel Case

I'm looking for a hard travel case for rods to take on a plane. Biggest rod will be one piece 7'2" most likely. The Plano telescoping case would probably be the best bet. Anyone have one collecting dust and want to get rid of it? I live in PoCo, and work in Surrey so somewhere nearby would be...
  9. Corey_lax

Car Air Conditioning Help

Well tis the season of failing air conditioners. My Ram truck, my Matrix, and my wife's Kia all had issues. I knew nothing about AC systems a month ago and I'm learning lots lately. The Kia is fixed, and now I'm sorting through issues on my 2006 Toyota Matrix. The AC starts blowing cold when...
  10. Corey_lax

SOLD 2005 Northern Lite 8’5” Northern Series Camper

Can’t believe the prices on these things nowadays so we are listing our camper. New ones are $80k now so it raised the value of the old ones. One almost identical to mine in year and condition just sold for $32,000 on the island. Don’t flame me for the price. I know it’s higher than you think...
  11. Corey_lax

Poulan Chain Saw (not running) - $50 firm

Any one looking for a little project? Got a 18” poulan chainsaw that runs for a few seconds and then dies. Likely just needs a carburetor job. Has spare spark plugs, sharpener, wrench, gas can pretty much full of gas and bar oil, and carrying case. Chain looks brand new on the saw.
  12. Corey_lax

Sous Vide Newbie

I just got a Sous vide that I’m looking to try out on some ribeyes. The cooking charts I’ve found are not much help. It says 134 degrees or higher for 1-4 hours. That’s quite a difference in time. So how do I get a medium rare steak? 140 degrees for 2 hours? Or something completely different ?
  13. Corey_lax

Smith Boat Trailer Post Guides - $75

Post guides for boat trailer. They don’t fit my trailer so they are brand new. $75 obo. Pick up in Port Coquitlam evenings/weekends or Surrey during working hours
  14. Corey_lax

Delete

I'm looking for a Stor-Dry dehumidifier if anyone has one that is collecting dust. I want it for our Northern Lite camper. Lower mainland area (work in Surrey, drive all over town, and live in PoCo).
  15. Corey_lax

Hunting Raingear Recommendations

Looking for some hunting raingear recommendations. I'm not looking to spend over a grand on Sitka gear. Maybe try to keep it around $500. Has anyone tried the Under Armour hunting gear? I'll be hunting Princeton and Cranbrook most likely so something fairly warm would be good.
  16. Corey_lax

Trailer Valet XL - anyone used one?

Has anyone used the Trailer Valet XL? My backyard is nearly perfectly flat, but is a bit bumpy and It’s very difficult to push the boat into position by hand. I can’t make the corner from the back alley with my truck because there is a ditch in the alley. I’ve put the boat here twice and it’s a...
  17. Corey_lax

Four Round Stacking Prawn Traps - $250

I have four stackable prawn traps. Two are stainless, two are coated. Loaded with chain for weight. Four bait cups included. Mesh is perfect condition. Pick up in poco
  18. Corey_lax

Wanted - Old Yellow Peetz Rod in good condition

I was given a nice 6” Peetz reel as a housewarming gift and it looks brand new. New line on it. I’d like to get an old rod to match it. Preferably the old yellow ones. We’re those made by Peetz as well? I’m willing to pick up in the lower mainland. I’d like to have a working old school set up to...
  19. Corey_lax

3br 3ba Townhouse with detached garage in Port Coquitlam

https://www.rew.ca/properties/4110969/119-1140-castle-crescent-port-coquitlam-bc Our townhouse is on the market. Open house this Saturday. Maybe some of you are interested or know someone in the market. Detached garage. Lots of updates done that aren’t covered by our strata but most stratas...
  20. Corey_lax

Boat in Vancouver in gear with no passengers aboard

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/joint-rescue-coordination-rescue-empty-rental-board-vancouver-1.6482545 Not sure if anyone saw this story. 17’ boat in gear with no passengers on board. Rental boat?
Back