Search results

1. Thunder21

US boat purchase.( another issue)

I purchased a boat and trailer out of Portland and the vin on title and the Vin stamped on trailer was off by one digit . It was a mistake during construction of the trailer. This caused fairly large issues for me once back in Canada so make sure you have a good look.
  2. Thunder21

Do I need it ... No, but I want it. Rivian Truck

The one thing that could separate Tesla from others the most is their full self driving tech. I see today they announced an upcoming robotaxi reveal. I think it has the potential to be huge if they can convince people it’s safe.
  3. Thunder21

Centre Cabin walk around vs. Centre Console

What about a center cabin style boat with sliding doors on either side of the cabin beside the helm and passenger seat ? Open them up on nice days. Best of both worlds maybe.
  4. Thunder21

Commander 26 inbored

Good plan on the flat floor. Mine is still original and it’s not very useful. I would recommend building a cover for the fuel pickups as well. I jumped down there and stepped on one of the brass pieces coming out of the tank and broke it while anchored in a bay up near Hakai. Luckily had some jb...
  5. Thunder21

Mobile cut polish recommendations

I think @Hurtlocker is mobile .
  6. Thunder21

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

Thanks . Just don’t look too close. My gelcoat color matching could have been better.
  7. Thunder21

What Did You Do To Your Boat This Week?

I removed the rails off of the back of my Commander and cleaned it up a bit by filling old screw holes and fixing some stress cracks around screw holes. When I fish rivers inlet we jump down onto the swim grid to release the fish and the movement in the rail from climbing over it caused some...
  8. Thunder21

For Sale 1992 Commander 30

Just an idea but you could throw it in storage somewhere in PR. Reduce moorage , fuel and insurance costs for a bit and try again next year when your situation has improved .
  9. Thunder21

Browning A bolt Stainless LH

Makes sense. I think that method works too. I am far from an expert but when shooting off a bench or off the bipod on the ground my right hand is typically under the butt end of the stock to bring the rear of the gun up , left hand operates trigger and bolt. Sure opens up a lot more options...
  10. Thunder21

It definitely makes it easier to stay on target for follow up shots when you don’t have to reach over the gun to operate the bolt.
  11. Thunder21

Looking to sell one of my rifles -Browning A bolt stainless stalker 30-06 Left hand bolt -Leupold 3x9x40 scope -Bipod This is a great low maintenance rifle. Scope and rifle have a few dings but nothing major. Shoots really well but I’ve had it for a few years now and I’m looking to upgrade ...
  12. Thunder21

Hoyt Ventum 33 LH

Hoyt Ventum 33 LH for sale 60-70lb Currently set at 28” draw Spot Hogg fast Eddie xl sight Hamskea rest Bow is in good shape with top of the line accessories. Looking to upgrade 1250$
  13. Thunder21

Commander 26 inbored

Good luck. Mine is an 89 I think and it was bone dry. Hopefully yours is the same.
  14. Thunder21

Wanted 23-27' boat 100k max

Demand and maybe an increase in aluminum costs. My pod 5 years ago was $2800. Same one today from same person is $5k
  15. Thunder21

Vancouver Boat Show 2024

There is nothing that will make you appreciate your current boat more than looking at the price tags at that boat show.
  16. Thunder21

Engine HP and Torque rates

I am happy with my I-4 200s as well. They seem to have a good reputation. I have always had the opinion that Yamaha and Suzuki made a better engine than Merc but those Sea pros look pretty nice. Large displacement, lower rpm, more low end torque and a heavy duty gear case . I’d bet with that...
  17. Thunder21

Might Be Looking For a Change

If you are looking to just be an employee and not have the highs and lows of owning your own business I would recommend BC Hydro. There are upgrades to buildings and new builds happening province wide and although most of the hands on work is contracted out to large companies, Hydro has project...
  18. Thunder21

Advice installing aft steering station

I would go with an autopilot
Back