Search results

1. P

Fisheries notices

We aren’t the NRA folks. We might be unified as far as wanting our access to the fishery but we don’t vote in general elections with a unified voice, not nationally or provincially. We aren’t a 300,000 member union that can swing elections in bc, and nationally by the time the federal election...
  2. P

Susan Chambers new regional director for Pacific region DFO

Trudeau runs every department in the federal government now. Follow the leader or get out. Unfortunately the Conservatives keep electing people who can’t win general elections. Odd nobody qualified for this position made a fuss? See what I mean?
  3. P

Campbell fishing pier

I have 26 years off the Pier, have had many many multiple fish days off there. Tides are the key, check your local tide guide and fish the last 90 minutes of the incoming tide(flood) and the first hour of the outgoing ebb. This is even better when this change over happens at 8 am or 7 pm. High...
  4. P

Minister Jordan announces long-term commercial closures and Licence Retirement Program in effort to save Pacific Salmon

Let’s not forget folks, this plan being proposed by DFO is the same Organization that has managed this fishery to the point we’re in now. So suddenly now they have the solution? I wonder why they’ve waited decades to save the fishery if they’ve had the answer? Guess they were waiting for a...
  5. P

$647.1 million Pacific Salmon Strategy Initiative

Chicken feed folks, just chicken feed. Washington State just passed a 2 year Fish&Wildlife Budget of $58 Billion. They understand that investment comes back in jobs, economic development, tax revenue. We’re celebrating a one time investment of $600 million on top of an annual budget of only $3.3...
  6. P

Minister's decision on SFAB Chinook announced

We also need dfo to fully elaborate on the decisions they make. Posting on the dfo website with zero details leads to frustration and mistrust. Why would anyone believe that dfo based this minuscule opening on science? The science and catch data punches holes in their decisions year in and year...
  7. P

Minister's decision on SFAB Chinook announced

We need a Political not nonPolitical group respresenting us. We need news letters and press releases that name names! Don’t for her don’t vote for him, and here’s why! Vote for him vote for her and here’s why. 30-40,000 members is what’s needed. $10 a year is a $3-$400,000 war chest. It’s not a...
  8. P

Lets take DFO to court

Except while most of us, there still lots of fish being taken, we are the ones who always pay, followed by the business community we all support.
  9. P

Government of Canada expands list of minor fishery offences subject to a ticket

But it’s only a $100 fine if you fail to produce your license? So if you’ve bagged a chinook and not recorded the catch you don’t pull out your license and you’re fined $100 instead of $500 for not properly recording the chinook. This certainly sounds like Liberal Government Logic all right...
  10. P

Past License - Salmon Catch and Possesion

Well I hear ya. Campbell River is closed for Chinook retention again this year until July 15, even though the area has a healthy Chinook population, a hatchery, and at least 3 chinook pens raising the beasts in the immediate area. To top that off the Campbell River itself has opened for...
  11. P

BCWF Supports Pinniped Harvest

These PR campaigns take time. We are in a Woke-Me Too-Cancel Culture Environment these days. But, there is a slight glimmer here, the science is finally on our side, that’s new for us, we typically take a beating publicly and we rarely get any credit. When scientists come out and say the...
  12. P

Study to save bleeding fish

I was watching a fishing show on tv and an interesting topic was being discussed. How to save bleeding fish so they can survive a catch and release experience. The study being conducted is from Carelton University and what they’ve found is by dumping carbonated liquid directly on the bleeding of...
  13. P

Ottawa Says No Fish For You

There are always larger political calculations being made, especially by minority governments both provincially and especially federally. The Trudeau balancing act between growing businesses but still pandering to the Environmental Movement’s demands has become a delicate balance for the Libs...
  14. P

Ottawa Says No Fish For You

Good ideas, hit politicians where it hurts, defeat them...another option, because I agree, people in her riding in Nova Scotia have no clue what she’s done to us. Soooooo, to inform them properly, take up a collection and have one of the more articulate individuals and statistically savvy...
  15. P

Catch and release - reminders

So just as a rule of thumb, Pros shouldn’t be bringing 75-100 Springs to the boat each week with pics of many? That’s a bad thing I would say right? I know there is a massive run of springs between Nanaimo all the way up to CR. In places it’s hard to keep lures in the water long enough to find a...
  16. P

So what do you think the second part of the report will say?

I didn’t read every word it’s a very long report. Tons of work goes into these, however, there’s a couple glaring red flags. The report acknowledges a huge lack of data on catch data, pollution data, not to mention several other factors. The other aspect is we are all sidelined because of this...
  17. P

Illegal Gillnet this weekend on the Fraser River

If we’re all in this together why aren’t we all in this together? If this is an illegal FN gillnet why aren’t FN screaming bloody murder here? Any early run chinook taken now is one step closer to extinction. That’s why the entire Rec and Commercial Sectors sit politely on shore waiting for our...
  18. P

April 1 prediction?

It isn’t intended to be disrespectful to anyone other than our political leaders over the years. Why are we here? Something so basic as being able to take your family fishing for Chinook Salmon. Father’s and sons, daughters, grandchildren. Why are we left standing on shore? Why are we now slaves...
  19. P

Liberal MPs Reject Study of Fishery Closure Impacts in British Columbia

I no longer have any confidence in this government. They’re playing political games with people’s livelihoods here. I don’t trust their numbers. They’re dividing Canadians and pitting groups against one another. I have 30 yrs of fishing in bc. Never have I seen retention of chinook salmon in the...
  20. P

Liberal MPs Reject Study of Fishery Closure Impacts in British Columbia

I contacted Hardie and asked him why the Liberals blocked an economic survey from being done and showed him this vote, he denied it, saying Liberals didn’t block anything
Back