Search results

1. C

Vacmaster Troubleshooting

Vacmaster VP215 Troubleshooting I am having trouble with my Vacmaster. As it is doing its thing the bags start to puff up inside the machine. then it seals, but the bags still have lots of air in them. Seal is fine just still lots of air inside. Every second or third time it works properly...
  2. C

Mid Island Evinrude Service

I just noticed that Vancouver Island Marine Sales and Service in Parksville (used to be an Evinrude dealer) is now closed. Can anyone give recommendations on a good place in the mid Island to take an Evinrude for service that may still have experienced Evinrude technicians?
  3. C

Zolatone Paint

Does anyone know where to buy Zolatone paint on the island?
  4. C

Some interesting stats….

https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/stats-eng.html#wb-auto-7 Here are some interesting stats about fishing licenses issued in BC What sticks out the most is the zero non resident licenses in 2020-2021 the first year of covid. I would have also thought that the popularity of...
  5. C

Hydraulic Steering Cylinder

I have this hydraulic steering cylinder I will let go for $100 if anyone is repowering or changing from pesky cable steering to hydraulic steering. great shape no corrosion on it. Located in Parksville but I am in Nanaimo all the time.
  6. C

As new Silver Streak Challenger Hard Top

2018 Silver Streak Challenger For Sale This boat is as brand new. 150hp Yamaha 89 hours 9.9hp Yamaha Kicker approx 10 hours 18ft 6 inches plus the pod Nearly every factory option available including hard top, Diesel heater, Lowrance Sounder/GPS, VHF, Premium Bluetooth Stereo, walk through...
  7. C

WTB Pedal boat.

Does anyone on the island have an old Pedal boat kicking around they want to get rid of? The kids would love one for the lake, but don’t really want to buy a new one. Free or cheap preferably.
  8. C

Bradley Digital smoker not feeding pucks

Has anyone had any problems with their Bradley digital smoker not feeding the pucks through? It seems like mine only works 40 % of the time. It is a pain in the butt having to watch it and manually advance the pucks now and again.
  9. C

Ultradeck

I see all these builders putting this Ultradeck product on there boats now, Aluminum boats and Fiberglass boats. Custom designs and colors. It looks fantastic! But I wouldn’t put Ultradeck on one of my boats in a million years. Fish blood, fish scales, slime eals, mink ****, uv rays, beach...
  10. C

Are trap buoys without names free game?

With all this talk about poachers I am wondering what peoples thoughts are about traps with no names or numbers on them. Are they free for the taking? regs clearly state must have name and phone number on them.
  11. C

RALLY TO SAVE HERRING IN THE STRAIT OF GEORGIA

Please join us and show your support. Rally to Save the Herring in the Strait of Georgia Sunday March 1, 2020 12:00 to 3:00pm Qualicum Beach Waterfront This is not a block the highway or railway type of protest. This is a family friendly event where people can show their support and learn more...
  12. C

Beachcomber Marina Damage

https://www.pqbnews.com/news/it-was-mayhem-down-here-storm-causes-huge-damage-at-nanoose-bay-marina/ Beachcomber Marina took a beating yesterday evening when the cold front blew in. Major northwesterlys over 90 kph
  13. C

Lets see your fish Cleaning station.

Some of you may clean on your boat, I prefer to wait until I get home. Lets see your fish cleaning station. I currently use 2 saw horses and a piece of plywood. I am thinking of building a permanent setup in my back yard. What type of surface do you use?
  14. C

Anybody fish for Crayfish?

Tell me about your experiences fishing for crayfish how do you do it? what type of traps? Bait? Depth?
  15. C

2020 Tide Tables Online

Does anyone know where I can find the 2020 tide tides online? the government of Canada website I usually use craps out at the end of the current year and doesn’t update until late December. If you must ask - I am planning my attack for next season.
  16. C

Anchoring setup - lets hear what you have?

Just wondering what everyone is using for an anchoring setup for their rigs? What size boat? What kind of anchor? How many feet of Chain? How many feet of rope? Not interested in hearing about halibut setups. More wondering what guys are using to anchor over night etc.
  17. C

Exporting BC Seafood

I was talking to a commercial Fisherman at the dock the other day, he was getting ready for prawn season. He told me that 100% of their catch gets exported to China and Japan. Yet they want to reduce the limit that sport fisherman can catch to feed their families. Moreover, if I ever wanted to...
  18. C

Malibu Rapids Princess Louisa Inlet Slack tide or any time?

My question is do I have to wait until slack tide to go through Malibu Rapids in to and exiting Princess Louisa Inlet? Boat would be 20 foot aluminum with 200 hp outboard.
  19. C

Does anyone have any good dog fish recipes?

cause we can’t keep salmon.
  20. C

Launching and Parking in Tofino

Planning a trip this summer what is the launching and parking like in Tofino. Would be going out over night.
Back