Search results

1. B

Downrigger getting tired?

+1 to circuit breaker and/or relay. I've had the same problem twice in past few years and replacing both was the cure. Best to just replace both at the same time since you're going to take motor out to replace either part, and the parts are cheap/free at scotty parts counter. Takes about 30...
  2. B

Proper prop pitch

@High Time has a Skagit. Terry may have a good starting point to suggest.
  3. B

Downrigger spools

another option for those not wanting to pony up the dough for aluminum spools is to just buy the bottom half - the thinner half that breaks. My Scotty dealer sells them for $12 USD. Buy a few and repair the spools yourself. Saves a ton of dough but still a PITA if it just ruined your day...
  4. B

Downrigger spools

A local guy here in WA makes them. Anodized in red, back, or blue last I checked. Top notch quality. Trevor 253-297-7737
  5. B

Downrigger spools

or just switch to aluminum spools. I switched almost two years ago and ZERO issues thereafter. No more wobbling, brake handle clacking, etc. Smooth as silk, never again have to stop fishing to replace spool. Can then load up with as much braid as you like.
  6. B

Scotty HP Digital Counters...They Keep Dying....

My tackle shop just asked for the serial # on the rigger and handed over the line counter, done.
  7. B

Scotty HP Digital Counters...They Keep Dying....

I just encountered a new form of them dying. I'm on rev 3 of them -- the one that takes a battery. Now the buttons do nothing -- you can't turn them off, can't turn on the light, change units, reset, etc. So power is good but they don't turn off any you're stuck with the last known depth...
  8. B

2023 Fish Northwest Hali Derby

FYI to our SFBC friends to the north! The 3rd annual Fish Northwest Halibut Derby will be held on May 5-6 out of Friday Harbor and Anacortes, WA. We warmly invite our fellow SFBC members to visit us down south for some fun on the water and a chance to win some serious dough! Tickets are on...
  9. B

Scotty 1106 Running Away

Also be sure your plastic brake wrench is properly installed. I took mine out thinking I didn't need to stow in in the rigger (I use a socket wrench to remove spool when backlash occurs so plastic wrench was in the way), but discovered that mine slipped until I put the wrench back. I'm not...
  10. B

2023 Sidney Reports

Yes thank you for speaking to us, I wish I could've attended the presentation. It's unfortunate our respective governments have unleashed an all-out assault on recreational fishing. Our season last year was NINE whole days of chinook fishing (and marked selective only) ALL YEAR. We'd much...
  11. B

Crew Members - Ad Fix

No ads for me. Have never seen them.
  12. B

New Salish 33' Liquid Metal Custom Build

@carpeweekend any updates on the build process?
  13. B

2022 Gulf Island Reports

A good example would be the candy boat at WCFC Langara Island. They bring you bait, beer, snacks on the water via Zodiac if you hail them on 16.
  14. B

Crew Member Christmas 2022

Yeah Baby!!! I finally won something. My only Xmas gift this year was from my kids who got me two beer coozies for the boat that say “no one likes you” (Inside joke). @Raincity come down to Anacortes and I’ll let you use the other one. SFBC likes me and that’s all I need.
  15. B

yamaha high thrust kicker - T9.9 or T25?

That VTS (Variable Troll Speed) switch on the F25 is a joke. It only works between 800 and 1200rpm, which means you never get to use it fishing for salmon. I made the mistake of adding one without reading the fine print.
  16. B

I agree the 25 is louder than I'd expect but not too bad. The charging amps are great -- keeps the beer fridge, stereo and electronics topped off all day. :) And yes, trolling in reverse -- especially when trolling deep in a 4-5kt top current -- can sometimes trigger the bite.
  17. B

+1 for the T25 -- get the fuel injected version and you'll never have to worry about gummed up carbs, cold starts, etc. It fires up on first turn every time. Also a good backup to get you home safely if your main every fails. When in doubt, always round up on more power. :)
Back