Search results

1. FisherTim

Boat Mechanic Looking for Tool&Part Storage/Shop Space

Hey I know this is a bit of a long shot but I’m a mobile boat mechanic looking for a place to either store tools and Parts/motors, or a place I can work out of too. North/Central Saanich area preferred, but others considered too. looking for 500-1000 SQ feet of ideally paved indoor space as...
  2. FisherTim

WANTED: OLD JRC radar dome cover

I have an 18” JRC radar dome with a cracked cover. Looking to see if anyone has a broken dome sitting in their storage. many thanks
  3. FisherTim

BRAND NEW YAMAHA F115XB $15k

Hey I have one brand new 115 25 in shaft for sale. 0 hours. In crate. Full Yamaha warranty Save over 3k and have it today. Prop included, install, and controls can all be arranged. Can be installed by this weekend. Located in Victoria
  4. FisherTim

Suicide(Evinrude 200 20” shaft)

Have any of you recently lost your will to live? Own a 15’ boat with a 20” transom? I have just the thing for you!!! Evinrude 200 Vindicator 2 stroke. Built in power steering. Includes 4 blade prop, side mount controls, and oil tank. Compression is good. All right around 100 give or take a...
  5. FisherTim

Blown/Parts Outboards

Have some old motors taking up room in your garage? Did you keep it for parts and never end up needing it, and now it’s turned into an eye sore? No? Would your wife call it an eye sore? Yes? I happen to have a field of eye sores I’m looking to add to. I part them out locally rather than most...
  6. FisherTim

Kickers for sale.

Doing some cleaning out of the shop. Have some kickers for sale: LOCATED IN VICTORIA 2017 Merc 9.9 Pro Kicker. XL shaft. Power Tilt. Electric start. Remote controls not included $2750 2005 Yamaha 9.9 High Thrust. Electric start. Power Tilt. Brand new trim motor, Remote controls included. (I...
  7. FisherTim

15 Welded Aluminum

My Buddy has this 15 foot boat that *had* a broken bilge system and sank at the dock due to lots of Tofino rain while we were working on his pursuit down in Victoria. He wants to Sell it Since then, we rewired most of the boat, replaced both batteries, put in 2 new bilge pumps, as well as a...
  8. FisherTim

Electric Trolling Motor

(I know its been discussed but never for this application) I bought myself a little 15 foot Hourston with a Yamaha 85 for the summer. Sweet little Boat. The 85 is an absolutely fantastic Motor. (Did you know: The yamaha 85A is the longest produced outboard in history?, First Introduced in '88...
  9. FisherTim

Notched 23 Hourston Transom

I know this topic seems to have a pretty strong consensus from this forum after looking through the 23-26 hourston restoration thread. Hats off to Rob, that’s an amazing level of workmanship. Im going to get one thing clear from the get-go. I have neither the resources, time, patience, nor...
  10. FisherTim

Anyone want to give this addict his fix?

I'm studying for finals at UVIC, and I am having horrendous fishing withdrawals right now. My Boat is currently without a floor, and I won't have time to fix it until spring. If there is anyone in Victoria wanting to go out for some winter springs, I'll pitch gas, bring bait and beers...
  11. FisherTim

My turn with a floor replacement

I've had this 1992 Campion Allante 185 Hard Top for 1.5 years, good boat, but there were some minor details I wanted to fix, like taking out the rear seats for more deck space and putting in a fish box, but put it off. So there was this soft spot I couldn't ignore any longer. Yesterday, I...
  12. FisherTim

Running at night

Hello all, I've got an 18' HT without radar, I cruise at 20 kts, so I figured I should get some sort of forward facing light to illuminate the water as well as my navigation lights. From what I've seen, I think I should get 2 of these, 1 on each side of the hard top. What do you guys do for...
  13. FisherTim

Cover Letter for Guiding Position at Fishing Lodge

Hello, Should I focus my cover letter on being personal and my love of fishing, or should I keep it more professional, as I would with most other jobs? I'm turning 18 this March, and am not sure wether to focus on the fact that I've bought and maintained my own boats, and how I got into fishing...
  14. FisherTim

Cover Letter For Guide Position

Hello, Should I focus my cover letter on being personal and my love of fishing, or should I keep it more professional, as I would with most other jobs? I'm turning 18 this March, and am not sure wether to focus on the fact that I've bought and maintained my own boats, and how I got into fishing...
  15. FisherTim

Is this an exceedingly stupid idea?

I just fixed but my number 2 carb has a hairline crack in the bowl and is spitting out fuel. I was thinking of just capping the line before the carb and running home (about 8 miles) on 3 out of 4 cylinders. I want to stop paying moorage here and it's a different island. The Motor is a Yamaha...
  16. FisherTim

Using a Yamaha F90 CDI on a 100HP

Can I do this? Both Engines are carburated, and almost Identical, would there be a drawback to doing this? I can get one off of a 90hp for half the cost of buying one new.
  17. FisherTim

SUSPENSION SEATS

I have a pair of suspension seats that I ordered before selling my boat, They were $180+Shipping&Taxes each(about $415 in total) EDIT: I just heard that you can get them for cheaper. $150 for both Never Used About 4" travel http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_39321_39321
  18. FisherTim

RayMarine C120W

I have a Raymarine C120W 12" Widescreen display for sale. Chartplotter/Sounder(Transucer not included/Radar(Dome not included). It comes with Power/Data Cable. NMEA2000 Compatible, through SeaTalk NG. Raymarine Digital Radar Compatible NEW THIS SPRING: Navionics Platinum Plus for...
  19. FisherTim

Walk through Windshield

I just bought a used Campion 185 Allante HT. Now I noticed that the 3 piece windshield doesn't have a hinge, it's just siliconed in place. There is a step on the Dash but the windshield doesn't open. Since the boat has about 6' of Bow, and it's solid, I would like to be able to use that, both...
  20. FisherTim

Boat Ownership Transfer

What is the proper procedure for relicensing a Small vessel? I have a complete bill of sale, what else do I need to Register it (new BC-XXXXXX, or XX-K-XXXXX Number), and for that to go over as smoothly as possible?
Back