Search results

1. sekiuking1

2018 Port Hardy Reports

There are some, but you have to have the right tides, and im not privy to any local holes near hardy other than what you can find on this forum doing a search. You could pick up a hali trolling on bottom out at cape sutil(long run and need a decent size boat)
  2. sekiuking1

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Duvall pt., Daphne Pt, Castle Pt, Masterman Islands, Gordon Islands. Any of these spots hold fish and fisherman! Anchovies, spoons, squid all work if the fish are in. Coho all depths, pinks the same. Springs 30 to 80 ft if you happen upon a pod of them. The spring fishing will start to slow down...
  3. sekiuking1

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Been fishin port hardy at all the local spots(within 15 minutes) the last 3 days, and it seems as if the bite has slowed down from 2 wks ago. 4 people 3 springs, limit of wild coho, and too many pinks to even imagine. Coho from 40 to 100 ft, springs 50 to 90, and pinks from 40 to 150. Tried for...
  4. sekiuking1

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Port hardy was on fire for us. Honest to god, didnt need to leave hardy bay for nice springs. Limited on springs at the mastermans and west side of hardy bay for three days of fishing. Limited on wild coho( back side of gordons and mastermans). 70 ft down was hot depth. Anchovie bulletroll, gold...
  5. sekiuking1

2018 Port Hardy Reports

Are they fishing local to hardy or running out to the ocean? Beauty of a fish!
  6. sekiuking1

2017 Port Hardy Reports

I know that chads boats ran towards cape scott which is alot farther than i wanted to travel. Its possible they went north towards bremner.
  7. sekiuking1

2017 Port Hardy Reports

Hit and miss for us this week. Backside of Gordons was most productive. Lots of coho, everywhere. Managed 2 hatch coho as well as limits of wild coho. Managed 9 springs over 4 days from 9 to 15 lbs. Fished cape sutil twice and seemed like right place, wrong time both times. Earlier in week was...
  8. sekiuking1

2017 Port Hardy Reports

Thanks for that. I will post my results!
  9. sekiuking1

2017 Port Hardy Reports

Thanks for the advice. I have 23 ft boat. But definitely watch the weather. Is there a preferred tact/direction to run when other boats are fishing the area. I like fishing castle pt, but if the fish arent in, i need to expand my options.
  10. sekiuking1

2017 Port Hardy Reports

Heading up to hardy next week. How long of a run is it in good weather. I usually run anchovies in port hardy, any advice you care to share about fishing cape sutil?
  11. sekiuking1

2017 Port Hardy Reports

Ill be up from july 23 to 30th staying at scotia bay. Good luck all.
  12. sekiuking1

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I was an idiot cause, my mind was thinking area 125, when i knew we were in 25. My bad, wild or hatchery inside are legal to keep. My crew will not be happy knowing we let go 10 lbs of silver meat!
  13. sekiuking1

Tried to poke our boat out around the lighthouse today, but it was far to rough for us with some newbies on board. Decided to fish san carlos down to beer can and was pleasantly rewarded. 2 for 4 with 10lb wild silver released. Managed a 9, and a 29 lb spring. Felt pretty lucky with that size...
  14. sekiuking1

Thanks for the help s.f. im new to this board, but have gleamed tons of info from your many valuable posts. Im from eastern wash, but have enjoyed great fishing in port hardy many times. Wanted to try nootka for many yrs, so upgraded boat this spring and planned a short trip.
  15. sekiuking1

Thnks guys for the intel. Greenhornet, im in a red 23 ft hewes hardtop. What kind of boat are you in? I might chew your ear for suggestions, while im there. I will be there 19th thru 22nd next week. One more question. I have bought charts for area, but is red can an obvious landmark. I have also...
  16. sekiuking1

I will be staying out of moutcha bay next week, for a few nights, and was wondering how far to the hwy from lets say the lighthouse. Is a guy looking for a certain depth to be deemed the highway?
  17. sekiuking1

Mooching/centerpin reel newbie need some guidance

Thanks Rob for the advice. I will put it to good use this summer.
  18. sekiuking1

Mooching/centerpin reel newbie need some guidance

I just recently purchased an inexpensive shimano mooching reel and was wondering two questions that maybe the experts on this forum can help me with. Firstly, what size lb test line should I use for summer kings and secondly do I put on a backing type line on the spool first before the mono...
Back