Search results

1. Part Timer

Area 23 Bamfield 2 under 77 cm

Are you for real? This regulation is about the fish and our future to be able to enjoy putting a hook in the water. The fact that small boats are out where they should not be is totally the decision of the people on board. I'm sure if you spent the money to go out the canal, you also took the...
  2. Part Timer

Downrigger cable voltage.

Easy way to tell without having to use a voltmeter is; Look at fish you've caught and see if they come right in along side the boat or try to shy away. Chances are if they come right in and are comfortable, you are good. If they shy away and try and stay away from the boat you are hot.
  3. Part Timer

2015 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Just finished 10 days in Bamfield with 2 groups of 4 buddies from Grande Prairie. First group caught limits of Springs to 26 pounds and Coho to 12 pounds. They were short 1 halibut and a couple of Ling cod. Second group limited out on Coho to 10 pounds and Halibut to 37 pounds, short 3 Springs...
  4. Part Timer

Restaurants in Bamfield

Been out there for the last three weeks and as Get Bent tells you. Those establishments are all open as well McKay Bay takes supper reservations for dinner.
  5. Part Timer

lowering minimum planing speed

Sorry it is Hill Marine that deals them. Speak with the owner. He is there every day. http://hillmarine.com
  6. Part Timer

Contact King Props. The owner there was who spoke with me on the subject and fixed me up. It preformed exactly as he said once installed. Very pleasant to deal with and good prices. Look them up on the net.
  7. Part Timer

Stainless steel props for Merc Bravo III

Have a set of counter rotating props 19X20 for sale 800.00 OBO
  8. Part Timer

Put a set of 4 blade props from King propeller's out of California, on my Sea Ray 270 and made a huge difference. Used to have to sit on about 21 knots to run out off shore. Now can sit at 16 if rough and stay up nicely with 4 people on board.
  9. Part Timer

What happened to Nogs Needle.

I also have put a good number of springs in the boat and a couple of halibut, out on big bank. Trolled with and without flasher.
  10. Part Timer

What happened to Nogs Needle.

I have yet to see any reports on the Nogs Needle this year on the reports. Has the Sand lance taken over or is anyone catching fish on the needle?
  11. Part Timer

There's a new guide in town ....

You guy's complaining about charter prices. I have a deal for you. Buy my 27 footer off me, go get your C licence and all the courses required to meet Transport Canada, Coast Guard and Insurance expectations. Then a Coast Guard Inspection Certificate to insure you are in compliance with all...
  12. Part Timer

2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

Pretty much my experience the last few days. Going to try again in the morning, then off to Bamfield for 3 weeks.
  13. Part Timer

Scotty high speed riggers digital counter

I've had the same problem. Brand new HP and have gone through 3 counters in 2 weeks. Gone Fishing has been good and replaced but not good when you are out west and no access to replacements.
  14. Part Timer

Daily vs Trip Limits

It used to be that a person could transport someone else's fish with a letter authorizing them to do so. That changed in regulations last year. You now must stay in possession of your catch or risk loosing it.
  15. Part Timer

Fished Ballenas and Sangster the last 2 days. Caught a lot of undersize Springs and Wild Coho. Did manage to get a couple of keepers and Pink. But overall its not what I would call good fishing at present. Tried all kinds of gear but seems the white hootchie worked best at various depths.
  16. Part Timer

Radar Reflector

I have installed mine on my antenna also. It is a Mobri made for sail boats. It is notched out both ends and fits well with zap straps. Also works very well.
  17. Part Timer

Fished Ballenas from 6.30 am to 2 pm. Hit a few Coho, one nice hatchery about 7 pounds. Marking a ton of fish and bait but failed to hook a Spring. Tried various hootchies and spoons at all depths, a glow white hootchie was the ticket for the Coho. Few other boats in the same area but never seen...
  18. Part Timer

Alberni Inlet 2015

Still lots of fish.
  19. Part Timer

Alberni Inlet 2015

In the morning I think. Was lots off boats anchored and ready to go.
  20. Part Timer

Alberni Inlet 2015

Big shank. Was out this morning, caught 12 and lost about the same. I will be there again in the morning. My boat is in berth C-6. I will be there by 5.15. Can give you some pointers and gear if needed.
Back