Search results

1. Salmon Seeker

Driving an EV pickup

Those logs way up on a mountainside are literally a bundle of (potential) energy.
  2. Salmon Seeker

Lithium Batteries? School Me , marine/boat applications!

Its just a 20hp outboard with a backup pull start so im planning to run this battery until it doesnt work anymore. the voltage drop killing the sounder is annoying though so im thinking just a separate source for the sounder.
  3. Salmon Seeker

Lithium Batteries? School Me , marine/boat applications!

Im thinking of getting one just to run my sounder. would 30 amp hours be enough to run the sounder for a day on the water? humminbird 788 sounder is currently hooked up straight to the main battery but every time i crank the engine it freezes the sounder then i have to disconnect/reconnect to...
  4. Salmon Seeker

Westcoast Fishing Tackle?

I like the wcft spoons. havent had any issue with their hooks. I have had a few AP hooks fail on me though. it really sucks dragging around a spoon with no hook
  5. Salmon Seeker

Coop marked gas with ethanol.

The water vapor is actually a product of combustion 2 C8H18 (l) + 25 O2 (g) → 16 CO2 (g) + 18 H2O
  6. Salmon Seeker

Hello! North Vancouver Freshwater Options

if you dont mind the 4-6 hour drive, merrit to kamloops has hundreds (thousands?) of lakes, many stocked and would be your best bet for some larger still water fish. they dont get as big in the lakes closer to home. Alternatively head north on the 99 towards 100mile and theres another hundreds...
  7. Salmon Seeker

Your Salmon Fisheries Are In Peril!- COMPLETE THE DFO SRKW SURVERY BEFORE FEBUARY 12TH

Not the place for this conversation but really shes saying people are dying from toxic drugs, (they have been for years, not just after decrim), we need safe supply while we build up the treatment capacity, which is currently no where near meeting the needs. These people are addicted, they're...
  8. Salmon Seeker

anchor fishing plugs in the vedder mouth

checking back on my records, i did manage one hatchery coho, released a wild, and lost two others that day. sept 24. fished 630 to 2pm.
  9. Salmon Seeker

im right under the train bridge in this photo
  10. Salmon Seeker

Heres a shot from fall 2022. most of the water in front of me here is 2 inches deep. that green boat is trying to go up the channel that is about 1ft deep. also notice, even as a jet boat he has it trimmed up. this is one of the times i had to get out and pull the boat. This shot also gives you...
  11. Salmon Seeker

The last two years with drought neither of those launches have been good options. i have 14 ft with 20hp outboard prop and have had to get out and pull my boat up. considering getting a jet boat just to be able to fish it. in previous years it wasnt as big a problem and could get out from...
  12. Salmon Seeker

The mouth of the vedder is tidal and on incoming tide the current actually flows upstream. anchoring and backtrolling will only work near low tide when the current is really pulling. even then there's sometimes not enough current to make it work. I used to troll there 20 years ago but now it...
  13. Salmon Seeker

Halibut trips for sportfishing b.c. Members

you can book airbnb in Sooke or Colwood. both about 20 mins from the marina
  14. Salmon Seeker

BC Assessments are Out Now

Down 0.75% Detached house in Abbotsford
  15. Salmon Seeker

Changes to short term rentals in BC.

I think it only applies to cities above a certain population. Most fishing destinations will have lower population than that limit.
  16. Salmon Seeker

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I was interested but it was sold already last night :(
  17. Salmon Seeker

Christmas Giveaway from West Coast Fishing Tackle

Beauty day at Sandheads 2023
  18. Salmon Seeker

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

I contacted this guy asking for a look and he didnt respond. I noticed it had gone to sale pending then back to available with a price drop.
  19. Salmon Seeker

What's for dinner tonight ?

I would think you would need a much longer brine to prevent the next day mushy. gotta draw out most of the water.
  20. Salmon Seeker

Heat Pump Questions

My house is all electric. 1700 ft2. 1978. I just added a 4 zone mini split a year ago to accompany my baseboards. Im paying $199/mo on hydro's equal payment plan.
Back