Search results

1. C

Vic-Van Downtown/Downtown Foot Ferry-Yet Another Try?

Go to Harbour Air, there is currently a Flight from Victoria Harbour to Vancouver Waterfront for $63 on the 19th.
  2. C

Vic-Van Downtown/Downtown Foot Ferry-Yet Another Try?

I live right downtown victoria. As I saw this headline I thought to myself, "How much would I pay for a ferry directly into downtown Vancouver". I came up with $50. When you consider that Harbour Air is offering flights on the weekends for $55-$65 that take 20 mins instead of 3.5 hours there is...
  3. C

BC Outdoors Article September Issue

Congrats! Any chance you could put up just the text? The middle two pages were a bit difficult to read, but I think a lot of us here would like to have a read through if possible. I guess i could go and pick up a copy of BC Outdoors as well :)
  4. C

Pender Bluffs

Full sockeye closure for 18: http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/a-s18-eng.html
  5. C

Malahat First Nations announces LNG Facility

Any chance this is just a political play, where the band gets a bit of $$ and a LNG corp. gets to use it as a bargaining piece. If you recall, the whole Bamberton area has had developers attempt to develop, even going as far as to remediate things only to be shut down. Noteworthy, was with the...
  6. C

Malahat First Nations announces LNG Facility

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/steelhead-lng-and-malahat-first-nation-reach-deal-over-floating-lng-facility-1.3197901 Thoughts? Any chance of this actually going through?
  7. C

Pender Bluffs

Went out on a solo mission from 4-8PM last night. Marking bait non stop near the white cliffs between 60-150. Ended up hitting a 20lb chinook at 69 feet that pulled hard and surfaced about 200 feet to the stern, only to be run over by another boat but somehow kept the fish on the line...
  8. C

Pender Bluffs

Fished the bluffs between 5-8 last night. 3 Pink, 2 Chinook. Nothing of size. Has slowed down a bit, most of the other boats were showing 1 or 2. Bait marking between 50-110.
  9. C

how do you subdue an Octopus????

Well, Octopus are known to have hated the Huns, as well as the early Egyptians...Is that what you were referring to?
  10. C

Brentwood Bay?

Usually pretty calm, unless the wind gets going down the inlet. Nothing really in the ways of bottom fish, and Senanus island/henderson point area is an RCA. Not too far of a run to wain rock/satelite channel for some decent salmon. PM if you want any more specific info.
  11. C

Pender Bluffs

Any news from the bluffs? I'm heading out tomorrow night and I'm wondering what the Pink situation is like? Any luck with the Chinooks?
  12. C

Pender Bluffs

Went out on Sunday for around 2hrs, couldn't keep 2 lines in the water. Probably around 12-15 pink, one lost Chinook. Fish jumping everywhere, you could see them swimming by just looking in the water. Never seen it like that at Pender. Fun for family if you're looking to feed yourself for...
  13. C

Otter Management

That pretty much captures everything about otters. They look all cute and harmless, but it turns out they are just jerks.
  14. C

Otter Management

Thanks for all the input. I'll give a few of these a go (not mothballs) and report back.
  15. C

Otter Management

I'm having a pretty big problem with otters climbing into the back of the boat while it's moored and pooping everywhere in the back of the boat. As everyone who has ever had to deal with otter crap knows, it isn't the most pleasant to deal with. Cover is not an option, but I've heard mixing...
  16. C

Sidney Reports 2015

Coming around the corner from wain into satellite. I thought I was hung up on someone's trap so didn't think much of it until the trap started fighting back. About 120-145 feet of water.
  17. C

Sidney Reports 2015

Tried Wain Rock and Satellite channel for a three hours yesterday, dragged up a 20lb Hali but other than that no nibbles. Pulled gear and ripped over to Sidney channel and powder wharf for another hrs. and nothing.
  18. C

Fish cleaning table

Does it come with the fish?
  19. C

Islander MR3 on UsedVictoria $420

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Islander-MR3-mooching-reel-in-like-new-condition-with-line-and-cover_24663576 Good price on MR3. Out of a pawn shop so hopefully nobody is missing their reel.
Back