Search results

1. 4

Are you ready? The Feds get ready to close fishing areas.

Here is what we should do: The problem for orcas is not the number of salmon, but the number of large salmon. The feeding efficiency for small salmon results in whales not receiving the energy return when feeding on small salmon. Therefore the sportfishing community should agree to: A...
  2. 4

2016 Sooke Reports

First time reading this forum in a while.....kind of funny how this Wolf dude apparently hates all the negative stuff but posts a bunch of negative stuff!!?? Anyways, trolled Aldridge to Secretary today - we picked up a couple under ten and a 27. July has been very spotty for me with a few...
  3. 4

Sooke2015

Yup, defiantly Heading out Fireday for some mice springs myself. Defiantly looking froward to it.
  4. 4

Sooke2015

Had a good afternoon/evening fishing yesterday. Two springs 18 and 20, a pink and a hatch coho. Had another 3 springs on - one very big - snapped my leader. The 18 spring was white and will be eaten fresh tonight w some out of town relly's.
  5. 4

Wanted: Trolling rod and reel.

kaelc - I am in Victoria also. I have PM'd you w contact details. thanks. 4bouys
  6. 4

Great - I will Private Message you w my number. Thanks
  7. 4

10' or less. $50 or less. :cool:
  8. 4

Sooke2015

Nice pic Blue Wolf. Must have been that brekkie :cool:
  9. 4

Pender Bluffs

Fished the Bluffs Sunday at sunrise. Saw people hitting pinks everywhere but no love for us until 10:00 at Wallace Point. 4 pinks and 2 6 lb springs all off Wallace pt by 12:30.
  10. 4

Sooke2015

Great pics and story, Sir Reel. Are you sure it was only high 20's/low 30's? The ones that don't make it in the boat are usually bigger than that ;)
  11. 4

2015 Gulf Islands Reports

Cool pic, Wozer.
  12. 4

What to do with white spring

Another thing I've never seen.....a bad re-run of Seinfeld
  13. 4

What to do with white spring

We love the whites. My First Nation's mother-in-law always tells me to save the whites for her. The white has always been her families preferred spring - we have found the same. "Tips Up" comments are probably on track.
  14. 4

Help for an Aussie!!

Callum, Head up to the Home Hardware on Beacon across from Save On Foods. Ask to speak to the owner about fishing - he is keen and very knowledgeable on tackle, locations and fishing times. I don't know his name, but he helped me out as I started fishing 2 yrs ago. Good luck.
  15. 4

2015 Alpine Group Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament

Here are the links to the final leader board and the winner: http://fishingvictoria.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Lb-JDF.jpg Winner Jeff Richmond http://fishingvictoria.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Winner-of-JDF.jpg
  16. 4

A Very Unlikely Tyee

I am not sure if I got a prize. Are the prizewinners posted online anywhere? I couldn't make it to the banquet - maybe you had to be there to win. Would love more info if anyone has any. btw - there are some great stories showing up on this thread. Maybe it should be re-named "Hard to...
  17. 4

2015 Alpine Group Juan De Fuca Fishing Tournament

Is there a web site or page to see the top 10 winners and all the other winners as well? I couldn't make it to the banquet/awards. Thanks
  18. 4

A Very Unlikely Tyee

Not a tyee, but a similar story for me from Saturday in the JDF derby. Got a big hit off Beechy Head on Saturday morning. I was fishing alone and I run manual downriggers. Of course w the Derby on, the boats were super tight all around. So I was trying to land my fish, steer my boat and in...
  19. 4

Sooke2015

Jammer - nice job - now that's an honest weight. SpringV - I feel your pain, bro - thanks for sharing - best of luck and big fish your way.
  20. 4

Sooke2015

Hey Halibut-face, thanks for the feedback. Question for you - when you cut the crabtrap line do you re-tie it or just carry on? I was thinking of doing the same thing but couldn't get close enough to the trap in the current. Also, in the middle of the chaos I looked up and the "fleet" of boats...
Back