Search results

1. L

Prawn Bait

So, where's the best (cheapest) place to buy Carlyle Cat food in the Victoria/Sidney area? TIA
  2. L

24' Zeta Pod

Well, after 4 years of sitting, this is the year! Found the transom was waterlogged when I finally got it in the water, so, the 250 Yami I got to do my Sangster, is now going on the Zeta. When I got the Sangster from Kelly (Last Chance), he gave me the contact info for the guys that did his pod...
  3. L

Hey Wolf

Check your messages.
  4. L

St. Croix Rods?

I'm looking at picking up a couple of new rigger rods, I've got the chance of getting the St. Croix S.A.R 1265 at a pretty good price, but haven't had any experience with them, or know of anyone that uses them. Any of you guys got any Pros/Cons on them?
  5. L

Boat crash off Sechelt

Anybody heard anything more? Fog maybe? But it says about high speeds. http://news.ca.msn.com/local/britishcolumbia/boat-crash-off-sechelt-sends-2-to-hospital
  6. L

Alex strikes again!

Way to go Alex! Second Farmed Salmon recall this year. http://news.ca.msn.com/local/newbrunswick/sobeys-pulls-whole-salmon-from-stores-1
  7. L

Tensions simmer among B.C. halibut fishermen

Tensions are simmering between commercial and recreational fishermen over Pacific halibut. The recreational halibut fishing season closes Sunday and the sector — which represents anglers, resorts and lodges — wants more time and a greater share of the fishery, arguing it’s too valuable to...
  8. L

Jabsco Alcohol Stove

My new/old boat, has a Jabsco "PAR" Model #42820-0000 Alcohol Stove. I have the original paperwork that came with it, ( mid 70s), in the pamplet the stove calls for " Marine Stove Alcohol" ! I've seen Isopropyl 70%, but what is, and where would you get the marine alcohol and can you use...
  9. L

Radar arch material ?

So for Sculpin and any other welding guru's. Want to fab my arch and rocket launchers, would you use 6063T5 1 1/2" sched 40 or 6063T5 2" sched 40? What's standard the inch and a half or the two inch? Regards; Mark
  10. L

Changing a boats name?

Seems I read somewhere, that there is a certain ritual that must be adhered to, if you don't want to jinx your boat when you change it's name. Anyone heard of it, know what you gotta do?
  11. L

Zeta Upgrade.

There's probably not a lot of interest in this, but I'm going to document it anyways. LOL I've been looking for a 24' - 26' Zeta, Pursuit or Hourston hull for 6 years, Kelly (Last Chance) gave me a 22' Sangstercraft about 5 years ago, it's still not completed, but most of the sringers and...
  12. L

Casting Cannon Balls?

So, I bought the mould, Ladle and the pot about 6 mos ago. It's nice and cool, about 17*, so figured it's about time to give it a try. I have about 20lbs of reclaimed lead shot from a trap range, washed it and I pre melted it with old tire weights. I ended up with about 60lbs of lead. (WON'T do...
  13. L

3 Batteries

Well, this has proably been posted to death, did a search and all it would show me is "Batteries"! I have the 1-2-both switch already, but with my HDS8, HDS7, Sructure Scan, Radar, S.M. 2150 AIS/DCS VHS and a MPS/C.D./Radio, I'm thinking it's going to draw a lot of AMPS! I want to isolate the...
  14. L

Need camera advice

Wanting to buy one of those Go-Pro's. I googled their web page, but it's too confusing, too many models and too many options! What do you guy's that are using them recommend? I want to be able to use it on the Boat,ATV, whatever. Price isn't really a concern, but I want it fairly simple...
  15. L

Scotty's appearance

Just wondering, what does one use on the covers and other black plastic parts on their Scotty's? Mine are showing some sun bleaching, would something like "Mothers" be okay to use? Regards; Mark
  16. L

5.0 Merc/Bravo II leg

Anyone have any experience with this combo? I am picking up my new to me Zeta 24" Alaskan this week and this is what it is running for power. I still have a couple of Yami 250 HPDI motors outback ( 1- 2004 300 hrs, 1- 2006 ? hours),not sure if I need to pod this right away or give the Merc...
  17. L

That took awhile!

The B.C. Coroner's Service has solved the 25-year-old disappearance of a Vancouver man and along with it, another floating-foot mystery. The coroner says foot bones that washed ashore in a boot found on Sasamat Lake in Port Moody, B.C., belonged to a man who vanished while fishing on the...
  18. L

Eastern Hali Quota issues

It would seem that DFO is screwing the Eastern Fishermen over too! Of course this is a Commercial Fishing issue, but it shows DFO's distain for ordinary public. http://news.ca.msn.com/local/pei/maritime-fishermen-seeking-larger-share-of-halibut Maritime fishermen are lobbying for an...
  19. L

Stocking Kokanees

http://www.gofishbc.com/news/meeting_the_demand_for_kokanee_fisheries.htm Just recieved this. I know that I make at least one trip a year to the upper lake in Revelstoke for these little gems. Whats the general concensus on this new program?
Back