Search results

1. Fish Camp

Fanatyk 52 min movie

I watched on netflix Fanatyk 52 min movie .laughed and cried so hard Ihad to tell everyone in the squad . I was thinking a national lampoons fishing vacation movie in the future .a must watch for sure before mar 7 2020 pub night.
  2. Fish Camp

Hole in my sons canoe

Doing yard work today .I noticed a very large fir branch had broke off the neighbours tree and had landed on my sons fiberglass canoe putting a hole in the keel where the floatation at the stearn is and leaving some deep scratches down the side.Son dosn't know yet .What should I do?
  3. Fish Camp

help with my navionics card

Last week I contacted Navionics to activate my free one year suscription account .The lady said I needed to open third party cookies and send recipt and nav card # .I did. When I returned to the card and tried to launch chart installer the filles had dissapeared from my disk.i took the card back...
  4. Fish Camp

Dog Bait

tonight I nicknamed our family pet "dog bait".10 years runt retiever golden lab.when walked heals very well and timmid when encounterd and sitts down..the dog loves the neighborhood of youth and children of a 100 yard cudisak 6 houses, with a dog cat door for for the petts to escape.Yesterday...
  5. Fish Camp

I the market for a gps chart ploter fish finder

Today I made the choice to replace my vintage hummingbird depthsounder /fish finder on my 14' tinny and started shopping.25 hp has 16 amp charging.old depth finder was small and fit under 12"x14" aluminum plate (above or ceiling mount) that holds the rod& new to me electric down rigger to the...
  6. Fish Camp

intermittant no crank problem

I have a 1988 gmc 1500 manual trans .Last couple weeks I have had a intermittant no crank problem. Battery cables are new ,battery is new, wires to the starter are tight ,removed and bypassed clutch safty switch.when the intermittant no crank happens I have been lucky enough to have a hill to...
  7. Fish Camp

Comox valley santa typo error

first thing to mind was JT was to visit this christmas for photo op.https://vancouverisland.ctvnews.ca/pictures-with-satan-typo-draws-international-attention-to-vancouver-island-christmas-parade-1.4706911.
  8. Fish Camp

Poor bird

I came home yesterday jumped out of the truck and a stellar jay flew out from underside of the boat on the roof racks.The jay started attacking me .While the jay was attacking I could see he was missing many feathers in his wings and tail.The bird landed in the tree branch and started to screem...
  9. Fish Camp

In the market for a 25hp outboard

In febuary I blew up my 25 hp mercury outboard.In april I blew up my 15 hp for a smaller boat.In may I cooked my 2hp .Ended up with no salmon caught this year in the chuck.The last few months I have saved 5,555 $ towards a new 25hp outboard tiller long shaft.I have a oppertunity to purchase a...
  10. Fish Camp

Fish with two mouths

Lake champlain has been the enviroment for many movies . https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/fish-two-mouths-lake-champlain
  11. Fish Camp

84 25hp merc

This motor before i got my hands on was mint.i service the motor regularly and ,well it died for me out KC launch 2019,and came home on the kicker.rebuilt carb and have spark .gasgets to reach to the reed valves(non existant) are on the east coast of canada ,float for the boal in Non existance...
  12. Fish Camp

Steelheed in Lks.

Do I need a steelhead stamp on my fresh water licence ?I wish to continue to fish vancouver island lakes and many of the lks have ocean going and returning trout and char.Seems I see a need and will purchace a stamp for the 19/20 year.knowing the steelhead are around. I wouldn't wan't...
  13. Fish Camp

toquart lk

just spent a couple days at toquart lk.first trip on the lake.counted 19 steelies at all parts of the lk. no cutties.
  14. Fish Camp

Gaff to give away

I built this gaff and have never found a use for it.And before I have a use for it I would like to give it away.3/8 SS hook .
  15. Fish Camp

horne lk cutties

Pilot progect of collecting brood cutthoat, including recreational sport fishers. I was invited to attand a oppertunity to fish for spawning females to be transported by moe to duncan for brood that might include esseray lk and other lks on the island.Yes it was cold all weekend. 1 cuttie was...
  16. Fish Camp

I like this video

A friend had me recall memories of working in the small seafood & sushi kiosk .and buying soc and running them to market.what a whoot it was in my early years.we watched pike place market vidieos like this
  17. Fish Camp

June bugs on time

Last year the june bugs were a couple weeks late on east coast van isle.so needless to say .I smacked another one into the ear again this year.there on time this year.
  18. Fish Camp

Has anyone have reports about " Lure Charge " spoons?

I met a fellow that has started using the electricity in the fish to catch more fish. Anyone tried to electricute fish into bitting their lure?http://www.lurecharge.com/intro-products
  19. Fish Camp

You no what gets me .AHH

I am earnesty to aswner a call on the phone and stub my toe and theres no message left.We have all felt the abandonment of AM ch9 for many years.fc
  20. Fish Camp

Under the gun

You or the rod handler is about to net a fish and the hook pulls from the mouth of the fish.What do you do as the front line netter?I have caught a hook or to the head fly fishing and salmon fishing.I ask how we can coach the rod handler not to have us front line netters in the pinch point.In my...
Back