Search results

1. F

2020 Port Renfrew Reports

Coho fishing from the south end of the beach opens tomorrow, correct? The regs are somewhat confusing.. looks like there is a gear restriction, only single-pointed barbless hook that measures no more than 15 mm between the point and shank. If you pay the bands day use fee, it’s okay to fish on...
  2. F

2017 Sidney Reports

Crabbing in cow bay is open correct?
  3. F

Boat accident separation point

Update: the father of the children came to get his boat from our dock today, and we got the real story from him. It wasn't actually the prawn trap getting pulled up that caused the throttle to get bumped, the two year old was sitting on the fathers lap, and he was moving around a bit, and he...
  4. F

The boat was also very close to flipping. There was alot of water in it...
  5. F

https://www.cheknews.ca/two-adults-rescued-thrown-boat-leaving-two-kids-alone-board-292951/ I was on the boat that rescued them. The two kids had pfds on, but the two adults did not. The one adult who was with the child, was treading water holding the child over his head. The other man was in...
  6. F

new boat

looks great!
  7. F

2016 Beach Salmon Season

very cool!
  8. F

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Thanks all! I will wait till may!
  9. F

Good Reads - Fishing books

I love "casting back 60 years of fishing and righting, and the "coastal fishes" refrence book and "fishing the river of time" by tony taylor.
  10. F

2017 Gulf Island Reports

Hi there, Does anyone know what the regs are for bottom fishing in the narrows (samsun)? Couldnt find them.
  11. F

Merry Christmas !!!

merry christmas!!!!!
  12. F

anyone got this or tried it

we used this in Noodka for two weeks and it worked great! now, we bring it on any big boat trips, and its also nice to have on the logging roads out in port renfrew!
  13. F

23 glasply

i have heard that these boats ride very nice! cant wait to see how she looks once shes done!
  14. F

2016/2017 Winter boat projects

I have to install a battery, bilge pump, fishfinder and i have to re-fibreglass a "knee" that is attached to my deck and the inside of my transom. Once it gets warmer in the spring i am going to sand and paint my deck and my seats. Also, i am going to sand down the metal parts on my trailer...
  15. F

Running at night

2 years ago my dad got a government contract to run people and supplies from gold river to the submarine off noodka. we WERE going to use this, if we ever had to run at night witch we did not, we never actually saw the sub at all! when we tested it out it seemed to work well...
  16. F

Cowichan River

i might try the river today. where have you all been fishing? 2 years ago i fished below the gas pipeline and at Sandy pools. (if you know where that is). hopeing to catch one as i didnt catch any coho this year.
  17. F

Useful misc boating, camping, fishing tips

headlamp on water jug. used this alot on my boat/camping trips. very helpful
  18. F

Lizard Lake Port Renfrew

i was just at fairy lake for the past 4 days and i did not see any salmon jumping. in the evening i did see some trout jumping though. i talked to one person who was trolling and he said it has been very slow.
  19. F

Forum members BOATS

this is my boat! got it a few months ago!
Back