Search results

1. kaelc

2. kaelc

Why buy from a reputable manufacturer and how to deal with them when things go wrong

I’m sure it’s not just catamarans but there seems to be a lot of issues with them and this guy has used YouTube successfully to get the attention of the company that bought the manufacture of what he claims is a lemon. Might be useful for others who buy a boat that doesn’t love up to the...
  3. kaelc

Best 6-8hp inflatable motor

What are the best light weight short shaft motors out there? My brother has a 6hp Yamaha, which is the same as the 4hp, both with an internal gas tank. I'm thinking of a little more jam with an old 8hp 2 stroke? What have you owned that has been super reliable and have enough juice to get a...
  4. kaelc

Want 5/16th and 1 inch marine plywood Vic-Courtenay

Want 5/16th 3 feet by 6 feet and 1 inch 3 feet x 16 inch marine plywood smaller pieces might work as well. It’s a rotten inflatable floor and 1 part of the transom that’s rotten. For my $1 boat project. Prefer to trade fishing gear/lures/beer/straight n narrow but $$$ talks. Where can you even...
  5. kaelc

Cellphone case?

What cellphone case are people loving these days? I bought an apple one with my iPhone and it is junk. I’d like a waterproof case with a lanyard, but since the phone is pretty much waterproof, just a lanyard so dropping it over the side is less likely and I can attached a float for the kids to...
  6. kaelc

Sold Solar Charge Controller 20amp MPPT $75 Victoria

Epever MPPT Solar Charge Controller $75. High-efficiency solar controller with LCD display, good for a couple of panels. I may have a deep cycle battery for sale as well, but I need to test it before listing it for sale, the battery is working well but I haven't load tested it. I can also bring...
  7. kaelc

Engine HP and Torque rates

Further to the ongoing discussion about HP rating on Merc SeaPros this has been discussed a lot on the hull truth. One source of information is the California emissions board, it is not definitive and just used to meet one governments requirements...
  8. kaelc

Halibut fly fishing video

Pretty wicked footage and stoke with these guys. Salt water fly fishing is all the rage right now in the US too.
  9. kaelc

Coleman Xtreme 100-Quart Marine Wheeled Cooler, Blue, 94.6-Ltr Victoria $75

Coleman Xtreme 100-Quart Marine Wheeled Cooler, Blue, 94.6-Ltr. Fits 168 beers or 6 medium size fish. $75 in Saanich. 📸 Look at this post on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/share/Hjev3ARBouwb9NFJ/?mibextid=79PoIi
  10. kaelc

Engines on Facebook Used Victoria and Craigslist

Since a few members and friends are looking to repower I thought it would make sense to share engines here. I'm keeping my eye out for low hour 150-250hp engines. I saw this and it looks clean, compared to the beat up overpriced stuff out there. 2019 Mercury 225 mercury 3.4 v6 outboard...
  11. kaelc

Second throttle station options and costs 150-200 mechanical or fly by wire

Has anyone done a second throttle station recently? I see seastar has an old mechanical setup, not sure it works with current generation throttle cables? I’m assuming a fly by wire second station will cost 4-5k for a single plus 5k for hydraulic steering or fly by wire(I’m sure my...
  12. kaelc

Pacific Energy Super 27 Red Wood Stove Courtenay-Victoria $195

Pacific Energy Super 27 Red Wood Stove Courtenay. $195. Delivery on the island available for $50 if you have people to unload. 10+ years old so best for an uninsured cabin or shop. Send your number for current pictures
  13. kaelc

Wanted 9 Pin Lowrance Transducer Extension Cable 10 foot

Looking for an extension cable to hopefully get my two transducers working at optimal wattage, if that is even a thing? Can pick up anywhere on the island. Thanks Transducer 9pin 10ft Extension Cable SKU: 000-00099-006 StructureScan Transducer 10-foot Extension Cable
  14. kaelc

NMEA 2000 15 foot extension cable Victoria-Courtenay-Tofino $25

$25 pickup in Saanich, in Victoria $30 delivered on the highway anywhere between Vic-Tof-Courtenay between now and new years. Or trade for Lowrance 9 pin transducer extension cable
  15. kaelc

Kamado Egg Style Grill Smoker

A friend gave me a used Char Griller - egg style thin walled grill smoker. Cooking area is 379 sq in and 22" diameter. It came with a bunch of charcoal but I'm not sure I want to go down the route of a slow cooking hobby right now. How do people like these? The reviews look pretty good (compared...
  16. kaelc

Tofino Fishing Video

Took about 16 months to get a Tofino fishing video up, two days of filming in 2022 which I decided to scrap as I missed all the "takes". Was a super slow rough morning until the bite came on an 8 minute watch.
  17. kaelc

Any 20-30k boats selling?

What do you guys think this boat would sell at in the South Island right now? Just doing some market research, is anyone buying 20-30k boats right now? Please don't slam the price of this boat in particular, it could be a members. Almost feels like only perfect boats sell these day, newer low...
  18. kaelc

Toyota Tundra 2016 Double Cab 4x4 5.7L

Toyota Tundra 2016 Double Cab 4x4 5.7L listing for my father in law. Pulls my 7500lb boat and trailer like a dream. 5.7L V8 gets better gas mileage than my old Tacoma or Frontier. 34.5k firm that's 25k for our US friends with 144k km or 89.5k miles...
  19. kaelc

Insurance or regs violation for accepting gas money

From another thread and after being out with a guide who said that accepting any money can violate your insurance or make you liable. Is there any specific case law, regulations or insurance terms someone can point to for this? The opposite is true for ride share for personal vehicles, if you...
Back