Search results

1. Bassblaster

At Last, A Plan That WORKS!!!

Got this from my kid tonight. Thought I would share!!:) Works for me!!!! Dear Prime Minister, Please find below our suggestion for fixing the CANADIAN economy. Instead of giving billions of dollars to banks that will squander the money on lavish parties and unearned bonuses, use...
  2. Bassblaster

Are you Ready?

So, with that little wake-up call yesterday I'm curious as to just how many of us are ready if there were to actually be a major catastrophy. They hold mock disaster events every year to help plan and manage first-responders, but how many of us A) have a plan as to what we would do, and B) have...
  3. Bassblaster

Earth Quake

Okay boys, was I dreaming or did the earth just move? 12:43 PM in Campbell River. Chair at the computer with me in it just rolled two inches on carpet with me in it. Along with the feeling like the whole house was made of Jello. Tried to call work, no signal, but I could reach alberta. Did...
  4. Bassblaster

Salmon Sausages?

So, I was curious to find out if anyone had ever tried to make salmon sausages or pepperoni before? Although I'm sure it would take a bit of experimenting, I'm sure it could be done. With a bit of pork mixed in to add some fat and keep them from drying out too bad, the idea of taking smoked...
  5. Bassblaster

Bear spray

A question for all of you that fish remote or semi-remote rivers. Does anyone know how long a can of Bear spray is good for? I have a can that I've owned for several years that I take both fishing and walking my dogs on the bush trails around CR but am starting to get concerned that if I...
  6. Bassblaster

Woods for Smokers

Hey guys, With the salmon returning and my luck improving I figured it was time to drag out the smoker I've been packing around for 14 years and never used. Question is, with all the different types of wood chips available, what's the difference between them other than species of tree...
  7. Bassblaster

Campbell River Boat Launches Fixed

Spotted a welcome site on the ocean drive hi-way in CR today. A big -A## excavator and city trucks at the Willow point boat launch. I walked over and talked to the operator between trucks and he said the City and DFO finally came to an agreement regarding maintaing the launches. The City is...
  8. Bassblaster

Salmon Canning Basics

Hey guys, I just went through the old posts looking for any info on canning salmon and while there's lots of tips for improving it, I can't find a thread that covers the basics. Can anyone provide me with a start to finish guide for canning them? Never done it before and Id rather go with...
  9. Bassblaster

Prophets of Doom

Just wondering if anyone else caught the program on History channel last night called Prophets of Doom. Six of the worlds leading experts in the problems faced by humanity had a round-table discussion of the issues we all face as a species and if there is a possible solution. Scary as hell...
  10. Bassblaster

Blue Fish?

Did a little shore fishing yesterday for bottom fish and came across something a bit weird. Caught a Cabazon that looked normal other than its Mouth, Lips, and Tongue were brilliant blue. Almost the same colour of blue as the border on the site here. Looked like it had eaten a toilet bowl...
  11. Bassblaster

Window deflectors for 2008-10 Chevy Avalanche

Hey guys Cleaned up the garage and found a set of stock side window deflectors for one of the Chevy Avalanches I had. Just finished checking on line and it looks like they'll fit most Chev and GM crew cabs and the Tahoe and Suburban as well from 07 on. They are new still in the package. Tyee...
  12. Bassblaster

Swap Bowhunting gear for tackle etc

Well, finally cleaned up the garage and made the decision to give up the bowhunting thing. Looking to trade my gear and accessories for some gear better suited to fishing salt water. The bow is a Jennings Carbon Extreme, 50-70# draw weight, 30-31 inch draw. comes with a Martin 8 arrow quiver...
  13. Bassblaster

King-Cod Your in box is full

Hey Stan, You're PM box is full. Need to kill some old ones. Just a heads up.
  14. Bassblaster

Sons of Guns

Anyone else watch the new Sons of Guns series on Discovery the other day? Ya gotta love those Americans and their love of "firearms". Like a cannon is a firearm. Which is why it's still legal in Canada to own one. Anyhow, lots of neat toys. Gotta say I'd love to have his job. I'm...
  15. Bassblaster

T-stirts for the rest of us

My Son sent me the link for this site the other day and I'm sure some of you will enjoy the humour in them. Different strokes for different folks. http://sleeptalkinman.spreadshirt.com/mens-simple-you-re-like-a-slinky-A7366771...
  16. Bassblaster

NATURE program on the state of wild Salmon

Did anyone else see the Nature program on PBS last night on the state of our wild Salmon stocks and the problems regarding the whole hatchery program system? It was very informative and damn near depressing. Any thoughts? I'll try to find a link to watch it online.
  17. Bassblaster

This Government Kicks A$$. OURS!

I thought of this answering another thread and thought "Sc@w It! I'm starting the thread" So, how many of us have either had the government force us out of business, or know someone who has had no choice but to close the doors due to general government interference? It could be due to...
  18. Bassblaster

Most Posts

Just going through the threads today and started noticing some of the numbers of posts some of the members on here have made. Just wondering which of you out there holds the record for most posts and how long it took you to get there.
  19. Bassblaster

Electrical Accessory questions

Hey guys, A friend of mine was clearing some of his old gear out of the garage and I've inherited some older electronics that I'll need some parts for to get working. The first is a "Standard Horizon Eclipse +" marine radio. This is the first radio I've ever owned for any kind of vehicle...
  20. Bassblaster

Happy Belated RangerRick

Happy Belated Birthday RangerRick. All the best, on and off the water.
Back