Search results

1. B

Trailer Brakes

Can anyone recommend a shop in Campbell River that can repair brakes on a triple axel boat trailer ?? Thanks in advance
  2. B

2023 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

The mainland inlets have been very disappointing so far . I have made trips over once a week to look for coho , all the usual spots James point , Cramer pass and Fife sound have been terrible for coho. We could not scrape up a single fish . There are lots of springs though. I sure hope they show...
  3. B

2023 Winter Harbour Reports

That is a lot of fish for one day … what is the daily limit on the West Coast??? Lots good eating in that pile
  4. B

Fisheries fines from yesterday. No names no pack drills

=AT35WHOoEii2eHBqGmFf_GcUD44CjJOEBNMM_0KsHf3k9xiz1BL5oMQUTuvsGvCO5AcdxIiJQVDLL8-HkPzwWycXc5p2B50-4LgFq_WnWY0mEBWPL7iNC6Gbbi0MQLyU4H3iz4PW96V5bV2wxYCqgEbcjmRyvw2p2QYh8ObyoU4Utm5RPkngSpq4Gu8lDg-9yBDUjgdnAR19']https://ow.ly/1zmo50OZfW8 I just returned from the West Coast and was stunned how many...
  5. B

Winter Harbour - Where to launch?

I drop my 32 ft boat on a triple axel trailer a couple times a year in. Coal Harbour. You will need at least 5 feet of water to drop it. I was shown a few years ago that if you launch in the gravel beside the concrete it is much easier as the slop is greater. It works like a damn !…
  6. B

Water in Fuel Filter

There should never be any ethanol in Marine fuel. You will see an increase in marked gasoline pricing this year as all loading racks will be transitioning to marked supreme fuel from marked mid grade to keep it ethanol free
  7. B

Telegraph Cove-mid June

Travelling in an 14ft boat on most days is asking for trouble. The weather and water conditions can and will change quickly..... good luck to you
  8. B

Processing / Transportation Question

With the slot size of 62 - 80 cm how would you prepare a spring for transport ? I understand afishery officer needs to be able to determine the size
  9. B

2022 Winter Harbour Reports

Just got back from 6 days in Winter harbour. No ice at Qualicum River. Better bring your own from Hardy or Campbell river
  10. B

2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

You would have a different view of your slip if you came over to the good side.You know as well as I do that someone falls off those rickety old pieces of drift wood they call a dock every year. You and I have rescued at least one person who has fallen in !!!! . You stick with the " few...
  11. B

2022 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

I can never figure out why you would stay up top .. mosquito’s that will carry away a small dog , a marina that will cause you to put your life at risk , and that lovely washroom and shower , she is a beauty. I have a 42 ft trailer and a 33 ft boat that would never fit there …. Don’t knock it...
  12. B

2020 Port McNeill, Telegragh Cove Reports

I absolutely will vouch for Capt Eds report on the number of fish over there ....some days are slower than others however if the fish are moving through...hang on to your rod … I was over there yesterday EI , when was your report of " not the dozens Capt Ed has thrown back " ?? Have you ever...
  13. B

Another banner day there today....we kept out two wilds and released 10-15 coho in the 12-16 lb range . One of the keepers was 16lbs on my scale. We also got into 4 of those Star Flounders I am still amazed that I caught them at 37ft in 300 feet of water. I have never eaten one and hope they are...
  14. B

Good thing you are not a betting man..... go north young man …… retention of wild coho , limit one per day
  15. B

Three times the price ??? It is however three times the facility. You are taking your life into your hands when walking on the "old" marina docks. Some one falls in every year !!!! I know....I have rescued more than one person
  16. B

Frozen salmon to USA

I had a friend from the USA up fishing for a few days last week and he had to rush to the airport to make his flight, unfortunately he did not have the opportunity to pack up his fish before heading to the airport. I have vacuum sealed his catch and would like to ship it to him. Anyone taken...
  17. B

2019 Winter Harbour Reports

We just returned from 5 days in Winter Harbour . Weather was not great , and it made getting offshore a real challenge. Ended up with 2 person limit of Springs, Halibut and Ling cod. We did not fish much in Grants Bay but did manage a few springs from there. All were at 42 ft on a White Turd the...
  18. B

2019 Winter Harbour Reports

I am headed up there in June.....If I can catch fish there anyone can !!!!!
  19. B

Outboard Paint

I am looking for someone to paint the cowling on a Suzuki 250 hp outboard. I put a big scratch on my starboard engine that I thought I could live with, but it is driving me crazy. Anyone know of a great shop that could re-paint it for me. I will order a decal kit through the dealer. Campbell...
  20. B

A tuna run gone wrong

This sure could have been worse....I hope we all take some lessons from this accident , good on the owner to post what happened. I have an Epirb and two working radios, however I will now add a portable VHF to the boat. I have considered a life raft in the past, might be a good time to get one...
Back