Search results

1. trout_flyfisher1

2022 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished Sandheads yesterday from 7:30am to 1pm. Slow bite compared to Monday. Had 3 hookups and 1 stuck. 36 lbs, 39" in length, 27" girth, 12" tail, marble meat
  2. trout_flyfisher1

2020 Tuna Adventures

We fished South of Barkley and then headed up towards Louden and then westward towar Nitnat last Thursday and Fri and managed to get 2 and lost 2 and had about 3 lines bitten off with 175 lb test line. We saw water temp vary from 61.5F to 63.5F. We got into them in blue water 70 nm offshore...
  3. trout_flyfisher1

2020 Tuna Adventures

We’re heading to Barkley from Wed to Sat, fishing mainly Thurs to Sat fishing off the Argo. If you’re in the area give us a shout. Hopefully they come in closer by then.
  4. trout_flyfisher1

2020 Tuna Adventures

Good work, thinking about heading next week. What area was this?
  5. trout_flyfisher1

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

well that explains it (didn't see the guy with the rod reeling it up and the rod was bent hard, looked like was on an anchor weight). glad you got the fish back. it looked really strange at the time... we were thinking somebody's had a little too much to drink :rolleyes:
  6. trout_flyfisher1

Left work early and fished Sandheads from 2:30pm to 6:30pm. Flat calm like a lake today. We went 4/4 with 3 springs - 21 lbs, 17 lbs, 9 lbs, 1 hatchery coho in the boat. Counted about 50 boats out. Riggers at 80 ft and 65 ft with chovies. Saw one guy in a Trophy with a fish on and the other...
  7. trout_flyfisher1

Fished from 240pm to 7pm today. Bagged one fish (11.3 lbs, red) near T10 as we just just dropped gear to 70 lb on the rigger in 250 ft of water. Then it went quiet for a while. Had another bite while pulling to check gear for about 4 seconds (reel was screaming, thought it was a seal, maybe...
  8. trout_flyfisher1

wow look at the size of the head on that fish.
  9. trout_flyfisher1

that's a good point. :) i guess it's the bloody bees that hover over me while i'm gutting the fish that makes want to get rid of the stuff pretty quick. but i'll remember that for next time.:D
  10. trout_flyfisher1

Not a bad idea to gut the fish on the log. Probably better than sticking up my green bin. After 2 weeks the stink is gone and the maggots are it. Had to cut the grass to get rid of the smell and the unsightly visual of opening the bin.
  11. trout_flyfisher1

2019 Tuna Adventures

------ Was invited to join the Argo crew but could not due to work scheduling. Sounds like I missed an epic trip. oh well, there's always next year.
  12. trout_flyfisher1

Fished from 6:30am to 1pm. Slow fishing on the north arm this morning, nothing to show for the early morning fishing except for a double header on pinks. So we trolled towards T10 and bagged a couple springs on anchovie about 700m from T10 in 250 feet of water on both rods at 50 and 70 ft...
  13. trout_flyfisher1

Fished from 3:30pm to 7pm on Monday in the North Arm. Hooked and landed 2 pinks and lost a spring at the boat. Fished must have moved up river on the tide as it slowed down from Sat and Sun. Reminder to myself - don't give the net to the rookie and try to explain what to do without training...
  14. trout_flyfisher1

Went fishing in my buddy's new 19 ft Hewe's Searunner (4 guys and 1 small kid). When you're out of the water in a couple hours it's not so bad.
  15. trout_flyfisher1

Fished North Arm on Saturday and Sunday and hit our spring limits. We had 12 hookups, bagged 5 fish (13 lb to 15 lb weight range) in 1 hour on Saturday in 150 ft to 250 ft of water. Unbelievable action, never seen anything like that. Every time we dropped the line we would hook into fish. I...
  16. trout_flyfisher1

Fished the North Arm from 6:20am to 8:15am today and bagged our 3 springs (13 lb, 15 lb, 17 lb). Fished in 40 to 60 ft with riggers in 300 ft of water. Then headed home since it was low tide and it was slowing down.
  17. trout_flyfisher1

Best Rain Jacket

Can't go wrong with Simms gear. Best setup for me when offshore fishing - Cabela's goretex guide wear & bib combo, river fishing on boat - Simms goretex guide bibs + MEC goretex pro shell low cut jacket.
  18. trout_flyfisher1

2018 OFFICIAL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

I was out by Ambelside today walking around from 230pm to 4pm and saw about 20-25 boats near the Cap mouth. Didn't see any much fish activity. Saw the Port Authority policing the shipping lane. Lots of boats hanging out marker for some reason, seems to be a boat magnet .
  19. trout_flyfisher1

Fished from 930am to 230pm at the SA, fishing conditions were ok. We went 9 for 11 and released a juvenile salmon so ended up with 8 sox. Fished caught from 25, 40, 50, and 70 ft of water in less than 200 ft of water. Lots of sox jumping everywhere. It's annoying when they jump 2 ft from the...
  20. trout_flyfisher1

Waited for the winds to die down a bit before I headed out to SA. Fished from 4 to 7pm. The winds subsided from 13 knots to 8 knots and the 2 ft chop was gradually more spread out so fishing conditions were not too bad. Trolled in 400+ft of water. Went 3 for 3 today. Saw some thin schools...
Back