Search results

1. FishDoc

Skinny Ice Brook Trout Fishing

Warning and Caution to anyone watching this early ice fishing video for brook trout! Do not attempt travel on thin ice under the recommended thickness of 4 inches for foot travel. Even though thinner ice may support you, ice is unpredictable. One step may feel fine, and the next, you are...
  2. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Videos

You want to go ICE FISHING but you have never gone and you do not know what you will need, then this video is perfect for your education on ICE FISHING for early season BROOK TROUT. One of the feistiest fish under ice. They are highly active in the post turnover oxygen rich waters covered by a...
  3. FishDoc

Rapala Slab Rap Hooking Trout

[youtube] RAPALA SLAB RAP Rainbow Trout Ice Fishing. At times when the usual lures and baits don't work you have to think outside of the box. My motto is to start big and flashy to attract the fish to your location and then downsize to meet the mood of the fish. It really is odd when this...
  4. FishDoc

2021 Freshwater Report Videos

Underwater Analysis of Rainbow Trout Behavior on a Bright Sunny Day and how the Relate to a Flashing Spoon with a dropper ice fly versus a stand along Balance Leech. Before I watched the footage I actually wondered if there were any fish around when I was jigging my spoon around the area...
  5. FishDoc

Flutter Spoons for Sub-Ice Trout

If you are having trouble catching trout through the ice then you really should try using a Flutter Spoon like a Slender Spoon to catch more trout. This type of lure is a thin spoon with a slow fluttering motion on the fall. It provides tons of flash and attraction for the fish. This will...
  6. FishDoc

Ice Fishing For Fat Brookies and Bows

This was my first day fishing of 2021, January 1st, as I always like to start the year right ICE FISHING for some BIG FISH. I have had some great days out on New Years Day and this was no exception. It really could have been a whole lot better, but the fish just did not want to cooperate. I...
  7. FishDoc

Deep Water Structure Ice Fishing

After the Early ICE steady shallow water Trout Fishing things can sometimes slow down through January and February, or does it? Sometimes the lack of fish in the shallows during this period makes people think the fish are no longer interested in feeding. This is quite contrary to what is...
  8. FishDoc

Skinny ice brookies and bow

Ice Fishing through Ultra Clear Ice Changes things because the fish that you are trying to catch right below your feet can see your every movement. They tend to be very spooked fish, although they feel safe under the layer of ice and push up into the extreme shallows under the thin covering to...
  9. FishDoc

Ice Fishing Balanced Leeches

How to Ice Fish for Trout with Balanced Leech Flies to increase your chance of catching neutral to negative mood fish during late winter. These dubbing and marabou leech patterns are also known as ice flies and after using them for a few seasons I am now wondering why I do not use them more...
  10. FishDoc

Rainbow Trout Flasher Jig and Dropper Tungsten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJOhL349eAU Ice Fishing for Rainbow Trout and Brook Char has become one of my favorite types of fishing since moving to British Columbia. We have an abundance of Interior stillwaters stocked with trout that grow to huge sizes. These lakes are located at high...
  11. FishDoc

Ice Fishing is Here - Happy New Year

Been out ice fishing a few times so far from brookies and bows. The ice started off a little slow and sketchy. Now it seems to have frozen up better. Lower elevation and larger deeper lakes may still not be safe. So just be careful out there.
  12. FishDoc

Vedder River Twitching November Coho

Twitching Jigs for Chrome November Coho Salmon on the Vedder River in Chilliwack British Columbia. I love twitching jigs and this little pool on my way out after trying a dead run in the morning turned out to be wuite a surprise. Anytime you have deeper slower moving water off the main channel...
  13. FishDoc

Twitching Jigs for COHO - Video

While Coho Salmon Fishing on rivers is relatively new to me, I have taken a liking to twitching hand tied marabou jigs for Coho. I owe a lot of my river fishing knowledge to discussion, tips, tales and tactics directly from, Rodney Hsu "Fishing with Rod." His videos really do help anyone along...
  14. FishDoc

Big Kokanee Fishing Kalamalka and Wood Lake

Big Kokanee Salmon reside in Kalamalka Lake and Wood Lake which is attached by a canal has some great fishing as well. I have been fishing these lakes for about 20 years now and have enjoyed learning how to kokanee fish each of them. Wood lake has higher numbers of fish and a limit of 5 kokanee...
  15. FishDoc

Catch and Cook Coho Salmon On the Fire

Catch and Cook Coho Salmon over the open fire with my kids. Fishing was amazing on Barkley sound this spring day and we were able to quickly limit on coho salmon. The last fish my daughter caught was designated to a catch and cook. So that is exactly what we did with it. They had so much fun...
  16. FishDoc

My Girls catching Chinook

This trip was out to Barkley Sound. We stayed in Ucluelet and fished the inside waters. While most of the fish we caught were feeder chinook we still found some decent fish and had a lot of fun with the kids. Everyone was pulling in Chinook salmon and even a few double headers. Unfortunately...
  17. FishDoc

Catch and Cook Fire Roasted Rockfish

Catch and Cook Blue Rockfish over and open fire on a green Alder stick. Come along with us as we are on another EPIC ADVENTURE out on Vancouver Island in the town of Ucluelet fishing Barkley Sound. While fishing for salmon we caught a few of these Pelagic Rockfish and decided to keep some for...
  18. FishDoc

Spring Chironomid Fishing - Slow on the trigger

It has been a long COVID-19 season of Social Distancing and Isolation. So when Rodney Hsu invited me to drive up to the Interior of BC this spring and join him on the water for some stillwater Fly Fishing I was super excited! To tell you the truth I'm a beginner in the realm of fly fishing...
  19. FishDoc

Underwater Rainbow Trout Feeding Behaviour on Aquatic Insects

No fish were caught in the making of this film, but plenty of trout were analyzed during the video. Understanding Rainbow Trout and other fish behaviour is sometimes best done by entering their underwater environment and observing their actual movements with an underwater camera or while...
  20. FishDoc

Big Kokanee Kalamalk Lake

Kalamalka Lake is one of the most beautiful lakes on earth and resides in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. It is known to most people for it's spectacular coloration in the summer months, and excellent weather for plenty of swim suit days on the boat. Less know it for it's excellent...
Back