Search results

1. C

Is there a rod/reel you can jig for salmon and lingcod? + overall reel/rod questions.

I like a level wind for jigging. My all round setup is not cheap, but lands Yellowfin tuna to 40#. As well as good jigging and casting setup. Lexa 400. Forget which model, but depending on reel, 5.1 to 8.1 gear ratio. Mine is paired with a Phenix Abyss 808.
  2. C

Getting more smoke out of electric smoker

I use one in my treager for smoking cheese and when I want more smoke on the meat. Works great. Only problems I have seen is putting in too much pellets. Smoking cheese, over smoked the Monterey Jack because I filled the tube and smoked for maybe 5 hours. 1.2-2 hours would have been...
  3. C

Costa Rica questions

I not fished the Pacific side, but fished tarpon out of Tortuquero. I think is most fun fish I have ever hooked. Is Caribbean side, but remember CR is a small country. About 5 hours by road from San Jose, with stops. Stand on the continental divide (Poas volcano) and you can see both the...
  4. C

Americans continue to Fish Pender Bluffs

As a guy who brings his boat up to the island every couple years, I think a bunch of the problem is communicating. I look at the amount of zones in the Washington waters. How about a very readable online map(s) with area delineated and numbers referring to the rules in those areas.
  5. C

Sharpening with a belt grinder

I have a Worksharp. Does a great job. Is the older one without infinite adjustable angles. Does scissor s, knives, etc. has an angled rest for different tools. At least 3 different grits available. I also have stones, but the Worksharp is so convenient, I use that and a steel pretty much...
  6. C

Cost of boat ownership. Humor

http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur Today's comic
  7. C

E-Z Loader trailers.....

As to the cap, look at whose coupler they use. Ez used an Attwood coupler on my 1991 trailer.
  8. C

2015 Campbell River Reports

As I loaded up the boat this morning, one boat came in with a nice spring. Century shoals they said. But at least 4 on the boat and one fish.
  9. C

Fished lower end Quadra today. Never saw a net. Tried jigging. Small lingcod with dogfish attached. And a couple nice rockfish. All released. Guy in marina said he landed 5, all underside spring and coho. Right on the bottom. 20# ball.
  10. C

Forum members BOATS

My ride. 1991 Jetcraft Bluewater. Kodiak 3 stage, 2002 Kodiak 5.7L MPI.
  11. C

North island reports

We are at Alder Bay. First day yesterday, third back side Malcom. Winds blew us off the water. First dayswe fished. Forecast says gale force winds today. Not that high yet, but some winds. Day before, there were some nice springs from backside Malcom brought in and some small Hali.
  12. C

What are the winds at the Hump? We are at Alder Bay and were forced off the water on our first day with gale force winds. Some nice salmon caught the day before and some small Hali's. Forecast high winds today, so did not launch the boat.
  13. C

Going to caye caulker belize in december

There were lots of lobster in the area by the spit. Was closed season when we were there. Had a good guide, but have a senior moment and can not remember his name. Has some pet tarpon by his house. I went flats fly fishing with him. He put me on the fish, was my problems with casting and...
  14. C

stolen downriggers recovered

Where is the serial number located?
  15. C

Cell question

We get gouged also. Maybe not as bad, but still gouged.
  16. C

Cell question

For those visiting BC. What is the best SIM card deal for a couple weeks on the island? Any with good rates to the US.
  17. C

"Alone" T.V. Show....

You can see the first episode on the Internet. Go to the history channel.
  18. C

EFI Issue?

Not the cut to idle. But loose connector to the relays on the back of the motor was my cutting out.
  19. C

13.5 lb pie plate with s/s fin,brass eye..cannonballs

Lots of contaminated lead out there. Use to get a lot of Linotype lead. Lots of antimony. Makes the lead brittle.
  20. C

Tires for my aluminum boat

Google Eide boatloader wheels. I had early version on my tinny back in the early 1990's. Worked well. Mine had a pin you had to move, the new ones have a latching pin. There were also wheel-a-weigh wheels. I think mine were the latter.
Back