Search results

1. Percy Stipec

Circle Hooks for Salmon Trolling?

Happy Saturday everyone I hope lots of you are filling up some coolers today. I’ve been rigging up hoochies this morning and wondering how a circle hook would do for this type of setup and others. The reason I’ve been thinking about this is I’ve been trying to come up with ways to reduce my...
  2. Percy Stipec

Do salmon sleep?

Well over the past few weeks I've been trying some night fishing after work at about 10 pm. Although the scenery is majestic and the water is glass the fish don't bite. I mark a lot at 100' feet on the finder and pull my gear through them but they don't take interest. I've been using glow gear...
  3. Percy Stipec

Broken Bolt Blues

While trying to remove a water cooling manifold to change the zinc anodes on my Honda 45 horse today three bolts snapped off. I tried drilling into two of the bolts and using and ez out to remove them but then the ez outs broke into the bolt. The hardened steel of the ez out has been impossible...
  4. Percy Stipec

Annapolis

http://www.meridix.com/everywhere.php?liveid=ArtificialReefBC Well they're finally sinking the HMCS Annapolis today. It is going down in Halket Bay off Gambier at around noon. I have attached a link to a website that is giving a live stream of it going down. I think this really cool and will...
  5. Percy Stipec

Worm

Holy fak! I just went to eat some of my prized specimens (flounders that I caught on the weekend) and I noticed that the fillets had coiled up worms inside them. What troubles me more is that I ate a bunch yesterday! Has anyone ever seen this or know of it and how to avoid it? I have never seen...
  6. Percy Stipec

Howe to fish the sound.

I am looking for advice in fishing Howe Sound. I own an eleven foot tin boat with a four horse power outboard motor at Hopkins Landing (next to Langdale ferry terminal). I have been mostly bottom fishing and I have caught mostly greenling, spiny dogfish, small flounder, and some rockfish and...
Back