Search results

1. Percy Stipec

2023 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Did you get snapped off at Beale with the skinny g chartreuse flasher combo?
  2. Percy Stipec

2022 Ucluelet Reports

Any news on the squid front? I’m heading back this weekend and really hoping to jig a few up for fresh bait.
  3. Percy Stipec

Circle Hooks for Salmon Trolling?

Happy Saturday everyone I hope lots of you are filling up some coolers today. I’ve been rigging up hoochies this morning and wondering how a circle hook would do for this type of setup and others. The reason I’ve been thinking about this is I’ve been trying to come up with ways to reduce my...
  4. Percy Stipec

Kayak fishing near Port MacNeil

Hey, some good fishing to be had there for sure in there. Couple rca’s to look out for and it can get nasty between pulteney point and cluxewe so be mindful of that. I don’t if there’s much point trying for salmon before you hit the backside of Malcom, not really the right features. Off the back...
  5. Percy Stipec

2022 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Speed isn’t so much an issue, I can rip in that thing if needed but maintaining 2.5-3.5 knots for trolling only requires a modest effort. I think those Barkley sound chinook are just loving the snack sized herring/anchovy right now. I wonder if they’ll start to be more on the lookout for squid...
  6. Percy Stipec

Back on Monday night. Yes I do pedal, but not out of a hobie style though I admire those types. I take flares, xtra flashlights, an inreach and compass. Yes there was a gopro involved and I’m going to do something with the footage at some point… Managed to troll up a few springs out of the yak...
  7. Percy Stipec

I will be heading to Bamfield this weekend for some kayak fishing. Going to be making it out to the banks at least one day to look for some halibuts and probably trolling keeha to cape Beale and north side of Diana island for springs. Might bring the fly rod out as well for some black rockfish.
  8. Percy Stipec

Sold Diawa LD30H Saltist and St.Croix Triumph Saltwater Jigging Rod

Still available, I am in the area and I will buy it if available
  9. Percy Stipec

Fanny Bay... does anybody fish?

I’ve visited the area several times recently, there seems to be great structure in some areas near the shore and I attempted to run a fly through the water to find some sea runs but it’s been quite windy on my latest outings, there are a few decent creeks in the area including the tsable which...
  10. Percy Stipec

ouch

Marlin?
  11. Percy Stipec

Seals, or ocean dwelling sea rats solution

Seals and humans don't look all that different in the water and with the amount of swimming I do I'd rather feed Sammy once in a while than become Orca food...
  12. Percy Stipec

Silva bay fuel dock

If memory serves me I believe it's only midgrade
  13. Percy Stipec

Plugged water tubes on outboards

Take the copper port off the engine with a wrench and clear out as much ***** as you can with vacuum cleaner and wire. Be very careful to not break it when you take it off. You can also start the motor with this off and catch the water in a hose or container so that all the stuff gets pushed...
  14. Percy Stipec

OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Fished South Bowen today. Started slow but I nailed a 7lb springer, almost didn't measure up though as it was lot's of girth and not much length a porkchop too say the least. After that I kept getting them but they would be an inch or two short but weigh like six lbs, fat fish. There is a decent...
  15. Percy Stipec

Yelloweye restrictions.

What about putting on one of those sea monster looking circle hooks that are often used? Would that cut down on bycatch?
  16. Percy Stipec

[/URL][/IMG] Got back last night from an epic 2 day fishing trip on Gabriola. Thanks to @Tightlines22 and @RBL for pointing me in the right direction. I found fish from Fingers to past Neck Point. The fish were holding at 85-130 feet in 500 feet of water and they came right to the surface in...
  17. Percy Stipec

Thanks @Tightlines22 ! I'll try my best to get them on my days off. I appreciate the help
  18. Percy Stipec

Hey @Tightlines22 where abouts were you guys? I have a couple days off coming up and wouldn't mind getting into some coho, I got on by thrasher the other week but have not been able to locate them in numbers. If ya wouldn't mind sharing the location I would be very appreciative.
  19. Percy Stipec

Preferred tandem hook knot

I always go for the egg loop knot as well strong, low profile, and keeps the line in the right direction.
Back