Search results

1. L

kayak fishing 2015

thanks for the tip ...heading back to work tomorrow for two weeks..i will try oak bay where do you launch?????
  2. L

kayak fishing 2015

does any one target halibut or lingcod out of a kayak.......I know you can catch halis fairly close to shore in Jordan river but the wind is usually a factor there......does any one fish Victoria.... oak bay...... Sydney areas for halis or lings....tried albert head numerous times caught small...
  3. L

Catch of the day

110 % largemouth
  4. L

Below high water in First Nations lands

me and my buddy were crabbing off island view beach in kayaks and a boat with FN pulled up and said this is FN territory my buddy just laughed and said no this is the ocean
  5. L

2015 catch of the day

caught four today two were 4.5 lbs other two were around 2.5 to 3 lbs
  6. L

2015 catch of the day

some of the bass I caught earlier today
  7. L

Portable Fish Finder

cabelas in Nanaimo has lowrance marc 4hdi for 239.00 dollars gps chartplotter included and you can make your own maps with insight genesis software just make a bracket for transducer to then clamp on boat
  8. L

2015 catch of the day

nice one fisher dude good to see the action picking up
  9. L

2015 catch of the day

no shawnigan lake .......got out for a couple hours in evening
  10. L

2015 catch of the day

no shawnigan lake .......got out for a couple hours in evening
  11. L

2015 catch of the day

its been pretty quiet on here lately caught 3 smallmouth bass tonight biggest one 4.5 pounds any body else catching anything lately
  12. L

shawnigan lake ever catch any big trout?????

thanks for the link spring velocity.......interesting that no bass were caught in the gill net....I know in other lakes with perch the trout gorge on them and grow quite large..was wondering if same was true in shawnigan .....did notice that one of the trout they dissected was full of perch...
  13. L

shawnigan lake ever catch any big trout?????

ive caught trout in shawnigan lake up to about 18 inches theres got to be bigger ones than that in there ..have marked big fish on sounder but have never got a big one anyone catch any large trout out of there
  14. L

Mussels in Victoria?

yup Costco..
  15. L

Insight Genesis...anyone using it?

i keep all my charts private that way all the hidden areas i find are not public knowledge and will not receive fishing pressure .also you can cover a lot of water in a days fishing so you can make maps of large areas quite quickly
  16. L

Insight Genesis...anyone using it?

i use it mainly in fresh water works great to find humps rock piles reefs drop-offs ect. record your trip, upload, create map, download to sounder next time you fish the area you have a detailed map of the area showing the exact shape of the bottom so you can troll right up to reefs humps ect...
  17. L

Insight mapping

I use it on local lakes its good to find small humps and rock piles that don't show up on maps....... you can pinpoint your presentation...... also the changes in bottom composition are a good way to locate fish holding structure......... most maps show the general bottom features but having a...
  18. L

Catch of the Day

nice coho karma gonna have to get a salmon tag and head to a nearby river
  19. L

Catch of the Day

haha no there not all bass ........I fish out of a kayak so there is not a lot of room to take good pictures by yourself its hard to hold fish and get the picture without dropping squirming fish ......once a fish is hooked you can tell pretty quick if its a bass or a trout .... bass have longer...
  20. L

Catch of the Day

Caught on a fin s fish Carolina rigged 30 feet deep
Back