Search results

1. B

Canucks 2023-2024 season

I noticed Mr. Lindholme involved in a number of defensive mistakes last night. He didn't cover his man in front of the net resulting in a goal as well as not clearing the puck, which resulted in the tying goal. Not all his fault though. I also noticed the whole team start to scramble in the 3rd...
  2. B

Canucks 2023-2024 season

Looks like Demmer's groin, given the way he was stretching between whistles. Hopefully just tweaked and not fully ripped!
  3. B

Canucks 2023-2024 season

EP40 isn't a 'carry the team on his back' type of player, in my opinion, like Miller or Demko is. When the Canucks can get back to positionally sound, responsible play, as Tochet espouses, he will shine, score more and the team will get back to winning.
  4. B

Cuts of meat on sale

Ya; I bought a couple of them.
  5. B

Cuts of meat on sale

Boneless Aussie lamb leg $13.99/lbs at Production Way in Burnaby.
  6. B

Cuts of meat on sale

During this past week (last weekend really) my local Kensington Safeway had frozen Butterball non-antibiotic turkeys on at .99/lb. They didn't last long.
  7. B

2023 OFFISHALL Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Looks like a couple of clipped ones in the mix. Nice work!
  8. B

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. Fishing solo again, I decided to try the hero tack at the green can was was running west into deeper water when a fish hits. No one around me as i set the hook, but as I'm fighting it I get completely surrounded by boats! I can't go in either...
  9. B

Fished Sandheads today with a buddy from 8-5pm. Got some really nice wild coho's early and then a nice red (19lbs) on a large herring. My buddy insisted on feeding wild ho's and pinks his anchovies and I stuck with large herring. Got 2 more wild ho's and then an 18lb red and that was it for the...
  10. B

That's how it went for the fish I caught on herring. Tail slapping! Interesting!
  11. B

Did another solo mission at SH from 8-11 this morning. Got a mid teens white and a red. Released 8 wild coho and one pink. Switched from anchovy to herring and got another coho and then my last spring. 50 and 70 on the wire again.
  12. B

Went to SH yesterday with the wife, as she wanted to get out on the boat. I discover on the way out of Steveston that I forgot the riggers back in Burnaby! I yelled and scared the s*** out of the wife. My bad! Race back to Burnaby to retrieve them and thought, I hope this isn't one of those...
  13. B

Ditto. I'm up to 16 wilds/2years so far. Not one hatch. Beautiful fish though.
  14. B

Fished solo at SH today 9-1pm. Only 1 pink, 6 wild coho, one shaker spring and a19lb red pea head and an 20lb white. Both males. Everything on chovies. Red was at 70ft on the wire and the white was 50ft. Far away from the pack.
  15. B

Went with a buddy on his boat today to PA, 8-230 and got a shaker spring, a beauty wild coho, beauty hatch coho and lots of pinks. All on chovies at 30-40ft on the braid.
  16. B

Interesting reports. Don't feel so bad now. Started at 2:30 at the bell (outside the whale zone) and quickly hooked and played what felt like a screamer spring (peeled line), but after some head shakes, it got off. Hooked and lost (long line releases) 2 unwanted pinks. Left there about 5 and...
  17. B

I'm on #4's now and thinking of going smaller. I don't horse them, as I've caught many Coho over the years (usually bycatch). Didn't even set the hook; just tightened down on 'em. On another note; my buddy was out same time/place as us and got 2 hatch coho and a released spring and 2 wild coho.
  18. B

I've been wondering the past few days (since losing 3 screamers Sunday), what to change. I thought of going to neutral while playing the fish (I've lost too many when others have done this to me on their boats). Fishing naked (no flasher) and closing the gap on the hooks seems the best option...
  19. B

Fished South Bowen yesterday from 9-1 with my son and one of his buddies. Played three strong fish until the flasher broke surface and then off they came. All were pin poppers and peeled a fair bit of line. I remember what Aquaholic was saying about guests losing fish the same way. Only saw 2...
Back