Search results

1. Trophy79

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Thank you very much. Not sure why I couldn’t find that :)
  2. Trophy79

I’ve been raking the Internet all day to find a posting, but cannot find anything, including on DFO; would you mind sharing the link of where you found the answer to this question please. On DFO for areas 29-3 and 29-4, where I’m most interested, it still states bla bla “July 31”...even...
  3. Trophy79

In my experience I haven’t found too much of an effect...it typically only affects the top portion of water, so unless your fishing under 70 feet of water, you should be well below it. Having said that, it obviously plays with the light conditions, so I adjust my gear to all glow quickly.
  4. Trophy79

So now I know how this is made lol
  5. Trophy79

Been awhile for a post... Been a pretty productive season.. Haven’t fished anywhere but Thrasher all season. Probably been out 8-10 times since my last posting. This last couple weeks I feel it’s slowed down a little, but still getting lots of action, just feel size has dropped, not consistently...
  6. Trophy79

Thanks for the tip Adanac...you must know the area well, myself, I’d be scared to be only 5’ off the button with the ups and downs of the reef that close...I did do a few closer passes this last outing and did try deeper than usual (that’s to say when I saw bait deep I’d drop as deep as 220’ for...
  7. Trophy79

Was out again on Sunday Fished 1030-630 Same rigging and depths as most of my days. I don’t fish much on the Gabriola side of Thrasher (North Side), 90% of the time I fish the Valdez side (South side) but decided this time to start running up Gabriola as I wasn’t having much luck on the other...
  8. Trophy79

For myself no Coho...first spring was the most acrobatic spring I’ve caught in ages and I was really hoping it was a ‘ho, but sadly not...
  9. Trophy79

Thrasher today 930-130... Water 150 - 550 Riggers 105-130 Spoons Beautiful day out there as many of you know :) Was rather productive and from what I saw, I wasn’t the only one with success, saw many a boat hooking up. Had my neice with me and helped her to reel in 3 beauties...smaller was...
  10. Trophy79

15lbs... Lol...for some F’d up reason I had not thought to go to 18s if that’s where your going...will grab a set tomorrow, Thanks blindmonkey
  11. Trophy79

Epic Day at Thrasher today... Fished 800am - 200pm Water Depth 150-600 Rigger Depth 100-125 Spoons 3.5” and 6” Couldn’t tell you how many I landed! Was suppose to be three of us...ended up just being me solo... Started off with nothing but shakers for the first hour...couldn’t get two rods down...
  12. Trophy79

I’m with you...haven’t used a net much this year and in large part due to fishing a lot solo...
  13. Trophy79

Fished Thrasher area today from 1215-430pm Water depth 250-600’ Rigger depth 70-120’ Spoons 1@3.5” and 1@4” Think me and wife caught 8+ Think only 2 would have made keepers 4 were long line releases...hadn’t had many spit the hook all season, but today 4! ‍♂️ 1 coho, would have kept it if only...
  14. Trophy79

Sweettjim...that posting went along with the one right above it...Thrasher to answer your question...cheers
  15. Trophy79

No No I didn’t lose any gear...just as I mentioned, the rigger back spooled onto itself...must have happened the night before when I brought it up the last time...had I caught it while at the dock that night I could have cured it, but with the waves being a little bigger in the morning I...
  16. Trophy79

Well this morning didn’t go as well as planned....winds picked up and last night unbeknownst to me one of my riggers back spooled on itself and I wasn’t able to cure it in the 2’ chop on my own... Same details as last night regarding depths etc... Fished from 615-730am...it was just not easily...
  17. Trophy79

As the winds weren’t looking promising for my only free day this weekend, which would be Sunday....I decided to head out to Thrasher straight from work today... Fished from 615-830pm Water depth 200-300 Rigged Depth 100-120 Fished 3.5” Spoons Hooked into 10+ Landed 8 6 were easily keeper size...
  18. Trophy79

Late Report... Fished Thrasher Friday night and Saturday Morning...not as productive for me as past two weeks... Tried all depths and both spoons and hootchies. Water depth 100 - 500. Rigger depth 50-220. Friday 330-730pm - 2 undersized Saturday 730-1200pm - 3 undersized Won’t be fishing this...
  19. Trophy79

1999 Boston Whaler 285 Conquest For Sale

Hello, I am selling my 1999 Boston Whaler 285 Conquest. Please use the following link to view a full write up and pictures on this boat. https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/boa/6882785719.html Asking $120,000 Thanks
  20. Trophy79

Headed across to Thrasher Friday evening. Fished Friday Evening 4pm-8pm Fished Saturday 7am - 12pm Fished 3.5” spoons between 100’ and 120’ Friday was an epic day both fish wise as well as weather was, great crossing and by 6pm it was glass out at Thrasher. Only boat out. Friday fishing, we...
Back