Search results

1. floored

DFO Fishing Survey

Anyone else get "randomly picked" for the September survey? Somehow, I get "randomly picked" every year. Normally I don't care (glad to help and all), but this year it's a bit onerous. Have a look at what needs to be tracked this year...
  2. floored

Sovereignty of our waters and resource

Can someone please explain the purpose of allowing US citizens free/unchallenged use of our waters? And why on earth are we allowing such easy access to the fish that are here, without any hope of any financial (or otherwise) benefit, except for the cost of a license? I appreciate that in truth...
  3. floored

Here comes the rain

Looking at the forecast, it appears (providing they're right) as though the rain is about to start. So, if anybody wants a last kick at the can, you better get out there. Not that it doesn't already seem like the fish have anticipated it (lucky for you by the river mouths), but it's about die...
  4. floored

Victoria, Oak Bay, Pedder Bay, Sooke......?

Which area would be easiest to fish without local knowledge? With the fishing around Salt Spring being more of a lottery, I'm thinking of traveling for the weekend to help fill the freezer, but I'm trying to figure out if it'll be worth it. So any input/advice would be appreciated. Thks
Back