Search results

1. Farmboytim

2017 Powell River Reports

Sharp hooks. Be a whole new ballgame by mid-July. This has been a better start to the year in the gulf from YVR up to CR in years though. So lets hope it stays good till your trip in July. Was in toba yesterday fished 4 hours notta
  2. Farmboytim

2017 Toba Inlet Reports

Was up yesterday fished 4 hours dean point down into waddington and the beach on the way to brem. Notta sniff. Beauty up there - was a up cruising and fished a bit. Very little on the sounder.
  3. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Lewis has gone quiet for sure. Fished the ebb both Sat and Sunday. Mostly shakers and barely legals. Heard Iron Mines was good this weekend. Also spoke to some Prawner's in Lund and they said this was one of the worst seasons in memory. Good luck
  4. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

thanks Leftcoast. My experience with Toba is the same. Very hot and very cold. Just move around till you find em. Will report back.
  5. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Charlie and Leftcoast -awesome update. Thanks guys. Headed up May 13th. Those are some nice big springs!!! Epic stuff. Were there many other boats? I assume you just keep trying spots every couple of hours until you get into some action? Is that the ticket Leftcoast? Pretty much my plan of...
  6. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Yes lots of wallets is key!!! Haha. I have 2x 300HP Merc Verados - its a 1984 Bertram Moppie 26.6 ft with an armstrong bracket. 10 foot beam. I found it in Maryland in 2010 and brought it here and gutted it. Does about 50-52 knots - about 60mph more like 4600rpm at 38-40knots...
  7. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Chuck - we are planning on running up from Vancouver for the weekend - weather permitting - do it all the time as I have a place on Hernando- leave Friday AM home Sunday. There are 7 of us. So lots of wallets. Will put 500 miles on the boat in the weekend. Boat cruises at 38-40 knots @4400RPM so...
  8. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Always about braggin rights!!! Tight lines boys!!! I am sure you will find em.
  9. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Awesome chatter boys. Big Easy/Leftcoast - jealous. I am sure you boys will have the placed dialed by Monday. When is the derby? Is it out of Powell River? What are the boundaries for it? Charlie415 - that sounds epic man. WOW!!
  10. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Hey Leftcoast - nice to hear from you. I am headed up May 13th weekend. Staying at Spilsbury Pt on Hernando. Will probably shoot you a note leading up. My friend is going up Thursday this week. Anything specific up in Toba or just keep going till you find em? thx
  11. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Awesome - thanks for the report.
  12. Farmboytim

Toba Inlet

Any news from Toba yet? Seen some reports of fish from Powell River Facebook thread. Headed up in a few weeks and would love a little intel if someone would like to share.
  13. Farmboytim

Powell River 2015

Good for you - my experience with releasing Tyee is the same and I have released countless over the years. They can take some time- but the way I see it better to have a chance then be dead on the bottom of your boat with no chance!!! The thrill is pretty overwhelming letting a fish like that...
  14. Farmboytim

Powell River 2015

Where is sandbanks? Awesome report and thanks for letting that big fish go so our kids can dream and maybe even catch such a beauty. So epic watching those big beauties swim away. Congrats
  15. Farmboytim

Powell River 2015

Headed up to my place on Hernando Friday for a week and wondered how the fishing has been. Grants, Sentury Shoal, Twin, Harwood, Toba, Iron Mines, Sarah Pt. I have heard Campbell has been solid at the hump and Green can. But would prefer to fish elsewhere if possible. Thanks
  16. Farmboytim

Powell River 2015

So put some miles on the old Bertram this weekend. Left Vancouver on Friday AM and fished Toba - all the usual spots Dean, Walsh, Brettle etc. Very slow - moved down to Sarah Pt and Twin and had 4 in short order. Stayed up in Toba Friday night and went to Bute on Saturday morning - fished...
  17. Farmboytim

Central Coast Part One-- The Puppy or the Fish

Great read. I said hello out in Milbanke on that big NW on Aug 1st. We were in the Blue Limestone. Have fished Cultus, Spider, M for 30 years all by our lonesome, the boats showed up about 10 years ago at M. We have moved north and you saw us at the beginning of our trip. Slow fishing for us as...
Back