Search results

1. B

Campbell River Hotels

What I've done a couple of times is pull into the campsite at Alder Bay and sleep on the boat for the night. Then get an early start in the morning. They used to have a great food truck there for dinner.
  2. B

Winter Harbour - Where to launch?

I'll do that . Thanks.
  3. B

Thanks for the info. Was there a place to park for the night and sleep on the boat? I know the tides are going to be low so were planning on getting there in the evening and launching early. The RV park is closed so thinking of an alternative.
  4. B

Did you launch in Port Alice and if so what did you think about the road in? I'm thinking of going that way this weekend with a 25 ft. boat.
  5. B

Is it legal to tow a tandem axle trailer missing a wheel?

It's getting pretty confusing. I might just leave the wheel on and run it as is or fix it in my driveway. It's a Vault oil bath system and I haven't had any experience with working on this type of hub.
  6. B

I'm wondering why I would strap the axle up ?I believe it's called a torsion bar axle
  7. B

You're right. I'm sure it's safe but wondering what CVSE would say.
  8. B

I thought about that but its a 6 bolt pattern. Smaller ones are 5
  9. B

I have a leaking rear seal on one wheel and need to tow it about 40 km to have it repaired. I'm thinking of removing the wheel so as not to blow the bearings while taking it to the shop. I would remove the boat before towing it. The GAWR on each axle is 5150 lb.
  10. B

Chineese Diesel Heaters - Extras

I see your exhaust outlet is quite a bit higher than the heating unit. Have you had any problems having it this way? I've been thinking about doing mine similar to this but am wondering if it will exhaust properly?
  11. B

Diesel heater installation in a Grady white 232, (looking for mounting location options/ideas)

Hi Sparrow, I have been thinking about using a similar fuel tank with a Planar heater. How did this work out? Were you able to use the fuel pick up which came with the tank?
  12. B

Where are the herring ?

Went out of French Creek today for a few hours and didn't see anything.
  13. B

battery Switch - reco's on setting up a 2 battery setup

I just put one on my boat too. Before I did I emailed Blue Sea with a couple of questions and they got right back to me. They were very helpful.
  14. B

Battery switch

I've been looking at Blue Seas website. They have great info but I can't figure out what size wire and fuse from the battery to the ACR even though they try to explain it. Is there an easy way?
  15. B

Battery switch

Thanks everyone. I'll have a better look at the Blue Seas and maybe do a complete rewire. I stated off thinking about changing the Perko switch.
  16. B

Battery switch

I have been looking at previous posts regarding the Blue Seas battery switches. If I have a main and a kicker do I need two battery switches? The Blue Seas info seems to say that. Currently I have one Perko switch which has been working well but the more I read the more I think I should upgrade.
  17. B

Rivers Inlet Regulations

Thanks Get bent. we're going to go tomorrow now as it's going to get windy early next week so I'll drop in and see if there's someone there. Otherwise I'll stay at Dawson's Landing.
  18. B

Rivers Inlet Regulations

I've heard rumours there are a group of guys who have a float in Goose Bay where I could tie up for the night. Does anyone know if that's true and if so is there someone there I can pay for moorage
Back