Search results

1. J

Tohatsu 9.8 4-stroke Rectifier install

Thanks got it sorted, the coil is only putting out 3.4 amps, so not enough to run the CDI and a rectifier. The rectifier draw is to large, so I have to buy an alternator kit from Tohatsu which is basically a 2 coil deal and remove the single coil. That will boost the amps up to fix the issue.
  2. J

Like the rectifier is drawing all the current to charge the battery so the CDI gets nothing.
  3. J

If I disconnect the battery the system runs fine but as soon as I put the battery in line it's like hitting the kill switch.
  4. J

Does anyone have experience with installing a rectifier on a 4-stroke? I did one this weekend and engine starts fine, but as soon as I connect the rectifier to a battery to charge it. The engine dies immediately, not sure why that would be. Thoughts?
  5. J

2020 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was out fishing at 7am at SH in 350 nothing. Came in to 170-210 at 230p, bite turned on for us at 330p. - 430p. Kept one #19, lost 2 #12s at the boat, threw back a jack. All on skinny G and coyote spoons, anything in green and anchovie scent.
  6. J

Video Recording-Fraser River Native Fishery 2020

Willing to work on a boat and donate my time, as well as edit footage.
  7. J

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

You took out your wife and your girlfriend, damn you have balls
  8. J

2019 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Was out Thursday, Friday, Sat, Sun - was just fishing the bite from low to high shift each day. I found the 3.5" coyote silver and green with black spots spoon was killing them and out fishing the anchovies. Just because the spoon was picking up springs and pinks. Sunday currents and winds...
  9. J

Expanded Navionics Coverage in BC

Okanagan Lake is off all over from 30 to 80 feet depending on spot.
  10. J

Alouette Lake Kokanee

I got 6 on Saturday on the red wedding bands baited with cured deli shrimp with a 1/2 ounce and 70 pulls.
  11. J

Which LML stations sell worms?

Found them, exit 119 Chilliwack Husky 7620a Vedder Rd
  12. J

Which LML stations sell worms?

I'm headed from Surrey to Jones this weekend with the kids. Does anyone know which gas stations still sell worms? Does the Chevron/Esso/Petrocan at Whatcom sell them?
  13. J

O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Never turned on but also could not locate the schools. Just a few showing up now and then. But at least not skunked. Out 5pm to 840pm. All the hookups were at about 7 pm then dead.
  14. J

Slow at north arm 1 in lost 1 and only saw 2 other nets out. But it may be turning on
  15. J

I'll be out after work and post Live
  16. J

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

7 to 10a off whirl bay and church. Lots of boats, no action though
  17. J

Sooke 2014 Fishing Reports

Fished pedder bay 12 to 430p. One wild coho on bait and one small spring on white green glo spoon both at 320p. Saw two hatchery coho at the dock.
Back