Search results

1. T

Trophy 23.5 ft - $29,900

Surveyor lists model as 2302wa. All Documents list length as 23.5 ft
  2. T

Trophy 23.5 ft - $29,900

1992 Trophy, sleeps 3 adults, sink, cooler, table, counter, porta potty, lots of storage. 2014 Verado 200 HP with 313 hours. Verado controls/gauges, Lawrence 9” sounder/plotter, marine radio, trim tabs, kicker bracket, intel wireless remote for kicker, 2 scotty downriggers, electric winch...
  3. T

boat shelter

With soft covers you get what you pay for. Have a round top “Rhino“ shelter 36x12x14 for 9 years now, still like new. Have a shelter logic round top 24x12x12, just replaced top after 3 years. There are several thicknesses of cover, the thicker mil the better but more $$$. You will usually...
  4. T

French Creek **** Show

Typical summer day at French Creek launch. No one from Marina taking control. Video missed extra excitement when a barge ties up to load or fishing troller decides to wash/repair his boat at the launch. Definitely not a place to take your kids unless to want them to learn some new swear words.
  5. T

Boat Launching at French Creek

Dgsafe, welcome to the gong show ‘French Creek”. Been launching there 10 years and every year getting worse. We were trying to return on Monday around 2:00 pm and again experienced and observed inconsiderate jerks. The only time there are policing of the launch by the harbour authority is...
  6. T

Marine Insurance Renewal “5 Year Survey Required”. - My Story

Got the old dog and pony tales of why they need another survey, 3rd in 10 years. Offered them my boat any time for a survey at their expense…no dice.…haha I completed 6 marine insurance quote forms found on line. All numbers submitted, same as present renewal. One said they only cover newer...
  7. T

Hds 7 and 5 help.

Not trying to be a smart alec but are you replacing a old p66 or changing to a new p66 from a different transducer? Usually you have to select transducer type in settings if this is a different one. Hope it is simple as that.
  8. T

Electric trailer winch

I looked at marine type electric winches for my 23.5 “heavy“ trophy but the price scared me so I took a chance on a out of the box 4,500 lb atv/truck winch. Battery mounted in a plastic tool box on the trailer frame in front of winch. Note: trailer is secured under cover at all times. 4th...
  9. T

Removing rust spots on old vinyl.

Try “Bar Keepers Friend”. Great stuff, found on Amazon.
  10. T

Yamaha 9.9 tiller arm nut removal?

Went through the same thing twice. What a dumb design. First the throttle then the shift lever. Mine was welded on with rust, boat mechanic told me to just use a dremel to cut it off thats what they do to save time. Worked as suggested,
  11. T

Kingfisher 2425 question

You liked it, you could afford it, you bought it, enjoy the new memories it will give you exploring our wonderful ocean and sealife that many others will never have a opportunity to experience. Cost of memories such as these....priceless. Welcome to our forum.
  12. T

Kicker Shifting Problem

1. Could it be as simple as your throttle was somewhat still open and the gear shift blocked from going back into neutral?? At home you turned throttle back and gear shift thus works. 2. No big deal dropping bottom, unbolting top from bottom shift rod at join, tapping with rubber mallet to...
  13. T

Surveyor in Nanaimo

Excalibur Marine Surveyers if he isn’t retired. Used a couple of times, very professional and helpful. 250-256-0142 in Duncan but travels to boat.
  14. T

Chartplotter fish finder replacement

ive noticed that my Lowrance doesn’t read depth or sonar at speed and seems to struggle with finding depth and sonar readings in water over 300’. The sonar seems to take a while to find its signal after planing. Is that a transducer issue or just an old Chartplotter issue? Sounds like your unit...
  15. T

Boat Security

Amazon.ca or .com carries them or there is a canadian company (forgot the name) that brings them in, just google item needed and their name should come up if they have any in stock.
  16. T

Boat Security

Check out Wyze
  17. T

Fishing Bait Scents

Agree as well...make all my guests wash hands before/during trip and advise no lotions, sun screen, aftershave (brute). haha shows my age
  18. T

Fishing Bait Scents

X-10 is my favourite. A drop on every spoon or hoochie going down but be careful scent spreads onto everything if not careful. Creates issues on everything it touches....gets on fingers - line - release clips - reel handles, a drop on gel coat stains terribly, stains hoochies, etc.
  19. T

scotty HP downriggers

Not a fan of Scotty and 1106s. I replaced original counter shortly after purchase. Out of the box I had going down issues more so in cold weather. ‘Repaired” several times for this in Nanaimo Depot, sometimes at my expense (shipping to Victoria) yet still happening. Even personally...
Back