Search results

1. Halilogger

Winter Harbour

Off to Winter Harbour on the 14&15 of this month, first trip of the year, excited to try my new HP down riggers. Spring Fever when's your first trip?
  2. Halilogger

Drum Brakes

Changed over to disk, I now have 4 hubs with all the parts, and a master cylinder, most of which are in good shape. I think there 10" If any one wants some cheap parts, I'll give all up for $200
  3. Halilogger

Synthetic oil

I recently did a oil change on my Chevy Duramax, and I was surprised to see I'm getting almost a full litre better per 100km which doesn't quite cover the extra cost. I can how ever exceed the recommended 6000km oil change. So one of the only ways I am getting slightly better fuel mileage is...
  4. Halilogger

Port Alberni Hazard

For anybody launching or using the fresh water Marina, traveling down river when you get to the marker and have to turn to port about 20 degrees, just past the mill. Right around that area there is a submerged HAZARD. I went out on a low tide and coming back it was a high tide, I always slow...
  5. Halilogger

Espar Deisel boat heater

Well I bit the bullet and purchased a D2 Espar heater for my boat. I was getting tired of constantly trying to keep my windows clear of ice and condensation. I had a custom made aluminum tank made, and put it below my outside rear steering station, it holds about 2 and a half gallons and will...
  6. Halilogger

Propeller Performance

Thought I'd start a thread on propellers, I figured it could help any of us boost performance and economy. I'll list what I think is important information, without getting to technical, if I miss anything throw it in. Boat weight will be loaded weight, three adults. Hull design, horse power...
  7. Halilogger

Sticky Breaks ?

So I have to go to Alberni for work, when I get out to pull off my cinches, there is a weird smell, I feel my hubs ( tandem ) there all warmer than usual. I right it off as break heat. When I leave Saturday I check them as I'm going onto the highway north back to Campbell river, very hot...
  8. Halilogger

Raymarine C80

Just wanted to let anyone know if you were in the future thinking purchasing a all in one unit. Plotter Radar Sonar, over all this unit is great only issue I have after 3 months of use, comes with the Sonar portion, when it hits a big bait ball it reads that depth as the bottom. I usually sit...
  9. Halilogger

Outboard boat heaters

Seems like a lot of outboard guys out there. Just wondering what you guys use for heaters, if you use them at all. I now have 2525 Kingfisher with 225 saltwater Merc which I'm told is actually a Yamaha, but that's a different topic. I'm thinking of a Espar diesel heater, but there FRICKEN...
Back