Search results

1. B

Secret Beach Boat Ramp

Does anyone have experience launching at Secret Beach, Toquaht on a low tide? The date I hope to pull the boat out has a 550 am low tide at 1.5 ft. Plan on pulling out around 700 am. 25 ft boat. I was told it was the “best” ramp on the coast looking for confirmation from others. Thanks B
  2. B

Ukee places to stay

Any recommendations for places to stay in Ukee next summer? Looking for something close to the harbour master marina. Considering Westcoast Motel, good bang for the buck but heard it is 40 plus years old. Thoughts? Thanks B
  3. B

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I scanned through the last month reports, did not see much reports on if the chinooks arrived on the inside of Esperanza? Rosa Bay, etc? I like to track things for future trip planning. It was an offshore show from the sounds of it?
  4. B

Port Eliza and Zeballos Ramp

Hi Can anyone tell me how the road, ramp and parking situation is at Zeballos? I recall just parking to the west of the ramp, no one around to pay? No issues for about a week? Also anyone know if Port Eliza has daily ice and some anchovies available? The ice machine was troubled a few years...
  5. B

Kicker Suicide Wheel

@ship happens So if I understand you correct, when you say “valve” you mean a hydraulic Sea Star system along with Ram motor mount? What hydraulic system model do I need? I can then run it directly to suicide wheel next to my kicker controls? As for the cable tie bar, I am of sort of...
  6. B

Kicker Suicide Wheel

Ok here we go fishers and techs. Help me please. I spoke to tech at Sea Star and he said Bay Star Hydraulic kit won’t work. If I understand what he said, the two main “thumb shoes” holding the kicker would have to be removed, leaving only the “eye” holding the kicker in place. He highly...
  7. B

Kicker Suicide Wheel

i will get pics tonight, thanks
  8. B

Kicker Suicide Wheel

Sorry don’t know what you mean by steering helm. My kicker is non tiller model. I have the throttle and key station on the side gunnel next to the downrigger. My kicker is on a jack lift and sits out past the main motors so can’t tie into those motors. I currently steer and control kicker with...
  9. B

Kicker Suicide Wheel

looking to install small suicide wheel for my 9.9 Yamaha kicker (non tiller model). The way my motors are set up I can’t tie into the main motors so the steering for kicker has to be independent . A name of a shop preferably on the Mainland and/or web link to the product would be great. I...
  10. B

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I am wondering about curious about this. I thought a little splash or dip in salt water help firm up the fish before vacuum sealing?? Seen the Port Eliza processing crew do this all the time.
  11. B

2022 Port Alberni and Alberni Inlet Reports

Nice work. What depth and colour? Thanks.
  12. B

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

I fished Camel area rock with my dad during the 90s and can recall being the only boat around. Now it can be horrible, so many boats. And this year did not even have a huge influx of US boats. We stopped fishing the area and moved to north. Still a nice area with decent fishing and calm inside...
  13. B

2021 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Fished Esperanza Inlet from August 2 to 7. Fishing was exceptional. Limited on Chinook, coho, halis, lings for 3 tags. Rosa Bay was great for us most days. One day it rained and the bite slowed a little but bottom fish made up for a slower day. it seemed like no matter where we went fish were...
  14. B

Boat friendly hotel Campbell River

Can anyone suggest a boat friendly hotel or motel in Campbell River? A place that has decent turn around parking for a boat, I can park my boat close to my room for one night. Some place where things won’t get stolen. Thanks in advance
  15. B

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Part 2 of my Esperanza Inlet trip report. Fishing for Chinook good to excellent at Sandstone Point and Grassy Island area. Looks like most of the guide and self Rec fishers were in the area. Bit of a gong show at times. Most not paying attention to boats with fish on. I thought a boat that is...
  16. B

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Esperanza has been little slow but mostly due to crappy weather I think. Average 2-3 Chinook per day. Biggest 25 pounds. Rosa hit and miss. Nothing at the usual holes like Pin, Low Rock and Black. Brownish water in those areas. Off shore yesterday was slow at Whale tale. Only 2 springs, 3...
  17. B

Gold River boat launch

Thanks, and if I wanted to launch in the evening around 5-6 pm I should be good with a low tide at 345 pm at 2.0 metres? How are the winds around 6 pm?
  18. B

Gold River boat launch

Thank you for the visual. That makes total sense how you described it before. I will be launching on July 31. Low is 530 am at 0.5 metres. How many hours after the low before I should launch?
  19. B

Gold River boat launch

Could someone put up Google map screen shot of the approx location of the rock please?
Back