Search results

1. J

1997 115hp Oceanfront high speed stall

Motor is a 1997 Evinrude 115hp ocean pro, I get this high speed stall on my motor every now and then, in the video the motor keeps running but often it fully stalls, and then sometimes hard to start or won’t start at all for a few minutes, sometimes it starts and will just keep stalling and...
  2. J

Huge boom off Victoria

Hey guys, does anyone know what was going on off the waterfront the last couple days there was 2 large boats with some sort of boom thing between them probably at least 1/2km length. These pictures were take from metchosin hill going into royal bay. It gave the water a very distinct look on...
  3. J

Running a motor tilted up

Hey, I’ve got my boat moored for a month and I’m just curious if I can put the muffs on my kicker and flush it out after I’ve used it. It’s a 2000 9.9hp Yamaha 4 stroke. My concern would be the internals getting proper lubrication sitting at the 45deg angle or so that it is tilted up at to get...
  4. J

Ordering parts online

What websites do you guys use for ordering parts? I’m specifically looking for a powerpack for my Evinrude 115hp, but also just curious for parts in general.
  5. J

Trade lead

I have lead to trade, I’m looking for either 2 12lb finned balls or 2 finned 15lb balls, and then an assortment of 1-2lbs weights for halibut and prawn traps. I have roughly 46lbs+ of lead, see picture it comes to 52lb on the scale in the milk crate I believe they are 3 10lb balls and 2 8lb...
  6. J

Wanted: GoPro hero 5

I’m looking for a GoPro hero 5, with or without accessories, willing to pay a bit more if it has useful accessories. Thanks
  7. J

Scotty electrics

2 older Scotty electric downriggers, both have braid, no clips or Scotty plugs on them, I got tired of replacing them and put on standard push terminals on them, see photo. I got newer ones with my new boat. Asking $600 would also look at trading for a chartplotter. Located in victoria
  8. J

Cheanuh or Pedder bay

Which would you pick to fish for coho until late October? Pedder Bay is $70 more per month. I have fished out of cheanuh quite a bit. Never Pedder Bay I know they are not that far apart, but I don’t want to put in at Pedder and find myself boating out front of Beechy head every time. I have...
  9. J

Malibu boats

Does anyone know where Malibu boats are/were made and know where to find specs about the different hulls, the 162, 182, 185, fish and ski etc...the only thing I can find is info on the big U.S ski boat company. I am assuming they have gone under as I can’t find any website about them. Thanks
  10. J

Trailer Awning

Looking for recommendations of someone to install an awning on my travel trailer. Thanks
  11. J

Wanted, boat seats

Looking for either sleeper style, or 3 smaller seats for a 14foot double eagle.
  12. J

What happened to wisebuys?

Moved locations or closed? I noticed as I drove by tonight the space is up for lease?
  13. J

Wanted: Porthole

Hey guys I'm look for an old ships porthole preferably around a 6-8inch with glass, or other similar marine artifact for my wife's birthday. Pm what you have thanks.
  14. J

Rollers and hardware.

Took these off 1 year old trailer I bought a few years ago, basically brand condition but have been sitting in a garage for 5 years collecting dust. 200obo
  15. J

IPad Pro 128gb

Unopened iPad Pro 128gb wifi model 12.9inch We won it and already have one. $1050, it retails for $1249+ tax http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Brand-new-Ipad-pro-_27891485.lite
  16. J

Marine Cooler

I have an almost unused Coleman marine extreme 150qt cooler, has removable dividers and tray. Here is a link to the most similar cooler they make now. $150 http://www.colemancanada.ca/en_CA/120-quart-xtreme-5-marine-cooler/3000002458.html#sz=12&start=7
  17. J

17 Double eagle vs Hourston

I am thinking of upgrading to either a 17ft hourston or double eagle, I am wondering if someone who has been on both could let me know there thoughts on both of them. I currently own a 14ft double eagle, and it has been great but I feel like I am outgrowing it, and I have been on a 17ft...
  18. J

Wtb, Scotty downrigger electrical connections

I am looking for 2 complete sets, male and female electrical connections for scotty downriggers, I don't care if they are the old or new style. I need them quickly, hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Thanks
  19. J

Octopus ink safe to eat?

I caught a small octopus in my prawn trap and dumped them all in a cooler and forgot about the octopus it inked all over the prawns. I rinsed them off as well as I could but there Is some staining on the prawns now, are these still safe to eat? I'm pretty sure octopus ink isn't poisonous or...
  20. J

WTB: upright freezer

I'm looking for a upright freezer in the 14-18 cu foot size. Must be relativly new in good running condition be manual defrost and energy star rated. willing to spend up to $350 but would like to spend a bit less. Thanks
Back