Search results

1. H

16ft Welded Aluminum Eaglecraft Centre Console

Haha thanks Salmon King. Not to pump my own tires here but ya, It's a rad little unit. Perfect to fish with a buddy or solo. Gonna miss the simple days when I have to haul a bigger boat around.
  2. H

Most importantly this boat catches fish
  3. H

Officially for sale. Preparing for a move to a bigger boat. This hull is old, but rad and has been completely rebuilt 2 seasons ago. Rebuilt to be an awesome low cost, low maintenance fishing boat for sooke and southern Vancouver island. 2007 Yamaha High Thrust 60hp 4 stroke provides a safe...
  4. H

Victoria Reports 2015

Was out this morning not fishing. Saw a commercial troller headed out from the harbour, but off Albert head dragging tuna gear. Not kidding, dragging about 8-10 rattlers out the back. Anyone know what's up with this?
  5. H

Yamaha mechanic South Island

Thanks sv will give him a try
  6. H

Yamaha mechanic South Island

Can anyone recommend a reputable, capable and honest Yamaha mechanic on the South Island?
  7. H

Sooke2015

Released a nice chum tonight off muir. Maybe 15 pounds
  8. H

Minnow Teasers Wanted

Might have a few in the tackle box. Can u post pics of what they look like?
  9. H

Sooke2015

Great answer. Thanks rockfish.
  10. H

Sooke2015

Hey rockfish, how long a leader are you using for your hoochies this time of year?
  11. H

Sooke2015

Ya like zfish I also can't make sense of the current predictions. Make a plan, then change it when u get out there and see what the current is actually doing I guess. Also watched a kayak almost get rundown a couple times by inattentive boats at muir. I'd like to say they probably didn't see him...
  12. H

White springs in sooke

Got a nice 25 white today in sooke!! That'll do!
  13. H

White springs in sooke

I've had some trouble finding many white Springs in sooke this year. One or two, but that's it all season. Anyone noticing the same? I'm usually able to get a full smoker load by seasons end, but not this year.
  14. H

Sooke2015

I've fished a lot of places on the coast from the charlottes to wcvi and the fishing in sooke right now beats them all. Can't believe how good it is right now.
  15. H

Winter Harbour Report

A pic from our trip to winter harbour this week. Was a complete bloodbath.
  16. H

Victoria Reports 2015

All pinks in oak bay. Springs have been few n far between
  17. H

Stop Fishing Chinook, Save them for the Whales???

The lions share of the research has been done in the summer months, when Chinook are running. (Fecal surveys and dip netting for prey samples) I've seen our local resident orcas feasting on coho and chum too later in the fall. The researchers will disagree, but they'll do it from the comfort of...
  18. H

What the Halibut is going on?

Fished out? Wonder if the commercial guys hammered it? Also, how many 'charters' are out there packing freezers for people that wrap it in cling wrap and throw it away 3 months later.
  19. H

Sooke2015

No real secret to springs in sooke. It is a challenging fishery though- given some true attention to detail and a bit of time on the water sooke will produce exceptional spring fishing. Haphazard attempts will most definitely garner skunkings. It's a tough place to learn when the pinks are so...
  20. H

Sooke2015

Other night I had a 18lb spring porpoise towards the boat on the surface at full speed. I quickly raised my gear to 20 feet and BAM! Gear got hammered hard. Fish pretty much swallowed the Chovy! Never had a fish so keen to get caught!
Back