Search results

1. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Good to hear. Maybe new schools moving in after the rain on Wednesday.
  2. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

It's slowed down since the weekend. Was a good bite on at Wya this morning but slowed after high tide.
  3. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

It was still good at Wya this morning.
  4. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Picked up a couple Chinook between Red Can and Light house yesterday at 10am. 16 and 14 lbs. 50 to 70 ft down on Wee Gs. Both cop car and anchovy colours are working well.
  5. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Trolled out front from Red Can to Black Rock last night and this morning. Lots of nice size Coho but of only 2 out of 12 were hatchery. Lost a few screamer Chinooks in the mix.
  6. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Just finished out front between Black Rock and Wya. A bit out from the beach in about 140 - 160ft depth. Lots of boats. We had lots of action but unfortunately mostly wild coho. Finished up trolling with 2 Chinook and 1 hatchery Coho. Was using a white hoochie and Wee G in cop car. Bites...
  7. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Fished Red can to Black Rock for a couple hrs at high tide tonight. Released 4 nice wild coho. No other bites.
  8. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

I'm guessing this was a salmon shark. Prob looking for an easy meal like the eagles trying to steal our fish on Weds by Swale.
  9. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Did a quick troll through some diving seagulls by Great Bear yesterday morning. Lost 2 good ones then nothing for the rest of the hour. Decided to go way over to Swale for the day. Fish are smaller but lots of action for the out of town friends and no wind. They got limits on chinook...
  10. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Did anyone get a chance to try for Springs at Turtle Head or South Bank this weekend? Wondering if it's worth a try this week.
  11. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Did a quick troll from Food Islets to Beg last night. One shaker released and boxed a 10lber. Looks like the outside opens up today for 1 under 80cm Chinook. Good luck out there everyone. https://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/tidal-maree/chq-co/23-chq-jul-dec-eng.pdf
  12. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Took advantage of the calm water Saturday and took friends and their kids out for a few hours in the morning. Got the Hali at one of the closer banks drifting. Was using a blinking squid with a piece of salmon belly on a spreader bar.
  13. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

It's surf-forecast.com https://www.surf-forecast.com/breaks/Long-Beach_6/forecasts/latest
  14. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Saturday looks like a good day to get to the banks too.
  15. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Yes it's been slow near home. I've had to go over to Swale or Effingham to get all the salmon action for the guests. Lots of smaller, but fat keepers and some mid teen line peelers in the mix. Wee G type lures in cop car or darker green were working well.
  16. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Squid are in the harbour. Took the guests down at dark and got a bunch.
  17. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

If you don't get your anchor setup, you can always just drift for Hali in the flats. I put kicker in Reverse at idle to slow the drift if current or wind is too strong.
  18. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

I jig off the docks if they are in the harbour. Use a squid jig. I've seen some ppl use casting nets too. Some boats jig behind Florencia Island.
  19. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

Anyone heard of squid in the harbour? I missed it last year. 2 yrs ago we were getting them during the day at Whiskey dock.
  20. N

2023 Ucluelet Reports

On Sat morning took a run over to Swale to test the boat and see if any Socks were still around. No Socks but lots of action from shakers and feeders in the early morning. Kept a couple of coho and one small spring. Lost a mid teen at the boat. Didn't see any bigger fish getting netted by...
Back