Search results

1. Franko Manini

Technium and Trophy Tyee QR Package - SOLD

10’6” Shimano Technium paired with Trophy XL Tyee QR reel, brand new mono. In perfect condition as this was my spare setup. Spent most of its life in my garage. $300 Located in Langford. https://www.usedvictoria.com/fishing/39131689
  2. Franko Manini

ISO: Off-Road / Ruggedized Tent Trailer

Folks, I'm looking to do some dry camping this fall and I'm searching for a tent trailer. I don't want one of those pavement princess models with the 12" tires that look like they belong in the display case at Timmy's. I'm looking for one of the models that is lifted and has 15" mudders. The...
  3. Franko Manini

SPF: Scotty Power Lock Rod Holders

Description from Scotty: Scotty’s most popular value priced, positive locking, open style rod holder Universal cradle holds almost any rod and reel setup and has a front locking ring to prevent rod loss when travelling Manufactured with fibre reinforced engineering grade nylon, the Power Lock...
  4. Franko Manini

DUPLICATE THREAD PLEASE DELETE

Halibut scent chamber. load it with your old bait, some pellet, guts, the old ham sandwich you left in the boat two weeks ago... attach it to your downrigger or your anchor and bring the fish in. Well made from 4" PVC. Located in Langford Price: $10
  5. Franko Manini

SOLD: Scotty Line Puller

I have a Scotty Line Puller (model 2500) for sale. Perfect condition. Used it about half a dozen times. I bought it so the kids could use it to help pull traps but they hardly used it at all. I have the original manual and hardware package too. Located in Langford. $350.
  6. Franko Manini

SOLD: Complete Prawning Setup

I have a complete prawning setup for sale. Perfect for a two person prawning adventure! It includes: 4 x MINKE VENTURES 350’ line sets (100’ lead line, 250’ poly line): $30 each 8 x 30” stainless traps (4 of them have been wet once):$50 each 4 x float sets with stainless C-clips that fit with...
  7. Franko Manini

SOLD: Please delete

Folks, I bought all the necessary parts for a complete remote throttle install but never got around to setting it up. I went whole hog and even bought the servo install kit from Trollmaster so this will be a killer setup. Includes the following items: Servo tester Waterproof step-down...
  8. Franko Manini

SOLD: 20' ThunderJet Luxor Welded Aluminum

Well folks, it looks like it's that time... I've just listed my boat for sale. Those of you who know me know that I am a meticulous person who maintains his gear. The boat is posed on Used Victoria, but here are the details. Note that I have a bunch of fishing, crabbing, and prawning gear...
  9. Franko Manini

Impeller Change Frequency?

Folks, I have a 2010 Suzuki 140DF, it's got very low hours on it. 184 if memory serves. How often do you replace the impeller and does the rubber age when it sits? Meaning, if the motor sat for years and had very few hours on it, would you replace it anyway? Thanks for your comments!
  10. Franko Manini

Smoking Thick Fillets

Folks, This year I was fortunate to get a nice big chinook about 28 lbs, which I filleted and froze for smoking. This weekend I will get to the smoking. My question is this... I have never smoked such thick fish. I always cut the fillets into strips that are 0.75" to 1.0" wide before I brine...
  11. Franko Manini

Trophy Reel Issue

Folks, I have three Trophy Tyee QRs and two of them have a strange habit. When the line is running out under drag, either while dropping gear on the rigger or while playing a fish, the drag knob unscrews. This effectively reduces the drag on the reel and inevitably causes a nasty bird's nest...
  12. Franko Manini

Pink Tracker Thread

Members, In the fishing reports sections of this forum, I think we are mostly interested in the Chinook data. They are the target species at this time of year and that is what I see most people talking about. What I propose in this thread, is that we all contribute to where we are catching...
  13. Franko Manini

Esquimalt First Nations Boat Ramp

Folks, Has anyone used the boat ramp on the Esquimalt First Nations reserve? I have heard there is a ramp on their property that dumps into Esquimalt Harbour just north of the Navy Sailing Association. Looking at Google Earth, the ramp appears to be just off Maplebank Road. I'm wondering if...
  14. Franko Manini

Propeller Choices - Suzuki 140, Thunderjet

Hey folks, I've got a 20' Thunderjet Luxor (AKA the Falcon in Canada) that runs a Suzuki DF140. The current prop is the stock Suzuki 3 blade, 14" diameter, 21 pitch model. I'm happy with the boat's performance, but always looking to tweak it here and there. I was out a couple weeks ago and...
  15. Franko Manini

Spun prop - older 9.9

Folks, On a trip to the interior to do some fly fishing I grounded the prop on my mid nineties Evinrude 9.9. It got me through the trip but I am noticing some prop slip at higher RPS or when under heavy load (like with extra guys in the boat). I am 90% sure the grounding (against a rock at...
  16. Franko Manini

Crab / Prawn Davit - save your back!

If you don't have powered puller, a davit makes life a lot easier. You pull down with your arms and body weight rather than raising a trap hand over hand and pulling up. This unit is top of the line. It came with my boat and I have never used it. Retails for $219.99 $US. Includes top and bottom...
  17. Franko Manini

Islander MR2 or MR3?

There has been a lot of discussion on the forum about Islander vs Trophy vs Abel and others. For those of you who fish islanders, or have fished them, which do you prefer and why? The MR2 of course has the free spool lever, but you cannot convert it to a lefty reel. The MR3 has a larger...
  18. Franko Manini

Murray's Tables vs Borsboom Tables

Folks, I know the defacto standard for determining which chart of the Canadian Hydrographic Service's CURRENT ATLAS to consult when cruising is the Murray's Tables. However, there are other tables published online for southern Vancouver Island by a guy named "Borsboom" which you can get here...
  19. Franko Manini

Go to flahsers for Coho?

Guys, I was wondering if anyone had some favourite flasher colours for Coho fishing? Every time I see reports that reference what gear fish were caught on they focus on the spoon, hootchie, or they just say "anchovy" or herring". So that's fine, I've got a good idea of what the pointy end...
Back