Search results

1. Franko Manini

Technium and Trophy Tyee QR Package - SOLD

10’6” Shimano Technium paired with Trophy XL Tyee QR reel, brand new mono. In perfect condition as this was my spare setup. Spent most of its life in my garage. $300 Located in Langford. https://www.usedvictoria.com/fishing/39131689
  2. Franko Manini

What to do when a Seller ghosts you?

I’d be on that pluckers doorstep at 4:00am every day until he produced cash or the riggers. Persistence man. Also, I’d post his name in another forum then post a link to that post here. The admins here are overthinking this issue. If it’s true and factual rather than an opinion, you can post...
  3. Franko Manini

ISO: Off-Road / Ruggedized Tent Trailer

Yup - that’s my Plan B. Beef up the axles, do an over/under axle flip, add some shocks, 15” rims and tires. There are other concerns too though... such as increasin* the travel of the stabilizer jacks after a 6” lift.
  4. Franko Manini

Thanks Captain. Lemme know!
  5. Franko Manini

Bump. still looking folks. Check your neighbours' yards!
  6. Franko Manini

Commercial crab traps, Esquimalt

I think the point is we are all trying to be decent folks. Some people just make it a lot harder to accomplish.
  7. Franko Manini

And if I get caught up on a poorly placed, poorly marked recreational trap, I can pull it up, grab my gear, and safely reset the trap (provided it is not going to be a hazard). I can’t pull a commie trap.
  8. Franko Manini

That’s the sort of thing I am looking for. I will give the seller a shout.
  9. Franko Manini

Folks, I'm looking to do some dry camping this fall and I'm searching for a tent trailer. I don't want one of those pavement princess models with the 12" tires that look like they belong in the display case at Timmy's. I'm looking for one of the models that is lifted and has 15" mudders. The...
  10. Franko Manini

I lost a set up on a commie trap where the float was about two feet below the surface. You'd think that the pros would know how to read tide tables and leave enough slack in the float lines. My buddy and I worked hard, and put ourselves as some (reasonable) risk to get our equipment back...
  11. Franko Manini

Need a trailer winch

Oops... sorry. Thought you said you needed a “trailer wench”.
  12. Franko Manini

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

X2 for Ten Mile. Used to live on Smugglers Cove Road and fished there a lot. There is still good jigging around there.
  13. Franko Manini

Navionics

It’s gross to take your phone into the poopy room dude. You hold that thing up to your face. ;-)
  14. Franko Manini

Gitxsan to close Skeena. Written by Bob Hooton

It’s quite simple... if one cannot accept scientific fact as reality, any and all notions that individual puts forward are suspect. This has nothing to do with our rights and freedoms as Canadians. It’s a simple statement that no matter how valid the artical is, it is totally negated by...
  15. Franko Manini

Gitxsan to close Skeena. Written by Bob Hooton

I read your post, and then summarily ignored it. Not because of the content of your post, but because of the content in your signature. You clearly have no understanding of science, or even rudimentary statistics.
  16. Franko Manini

5/16 Hollow Braid

It's pretty new as far as I know, and that's why it might not be reviewed here... so far!
  17. Franko Manini

5/16 Hollow Braid

If I were just starting prawning, I would look pretty ard at the "new" thin line prawning setup. Trotac has one on display or you can check it out here. lower cost to get started, less gear to pack around. https://promarineproducts.com/pages/thin-line-prawning
  18. Franko Manini

Last minute island trip or stay in Sooke?

If you like to try new places, then go to Alberni. Always somewhere to fish there if the weather comes up. But note that you're learning a new place so your chances of catching fish go way down. Plus you'll have some driving to do. If you want to catch fish, stick with Sooke and maximize...
Back