Search results

1. G

Gold River/Nootka or Sayward/ Port McNeill Help??

Thanks, I'll pm him right now.
  2. G

Yes, he is totally booked !! May have to pay through the nose and go to Moutcha Bay... Enjoy Nootka...and tightlines !!:D Any other Nootka guide suggestions ?
  3. G

Comox area

Drive 1/2 hour to Campbell river just north on 28, you'll see the cars parked at the side of the road. Use a pink fly of any kind on a 4' lead below a swivel. Above swivel a 2 inch pencil weight. Almost works like a sinking fly line...almost. Caught and released 30 pinks with these 2 methods...
  4. G

Awesome Advice Seawolf. Hadn't considered the winds... we are in CR now and have noticed the chop in Discovery passage. We went whale watching in Port Mcneill today and it was beatiful, no waves. A LOT of boats both private and commercial fisherman, seiners and netters. Yes it seems...
  5. G

Looking to do one last fishing trip before I head back to the flat lands of Ontario. I'm after action. Size of the fish or type doesn't matter as I'm releasing most or all of it. With sockeye open could Sayward/Port McNeill compete with Nootka ? Also, looking for a competent guide from...
  6. G

Winter Harbour Report

Fished Quatsino sound today with a known guide out of PA. Wanted to go for outside for halibut, but guide said too bouncy...So...we fished inside even though swell watch said 3' swells with longer intervals. We hooked two large springs right at cliffe point down 30' in 70'-80' of water with...
  7. G

Nootka Sound 2014 Fishing Reports

I just returned after fishing outside of Esperanza Inlet in the HWY at the 'T' I believe. We were with one of Westview Marina's guides(Pete). Out about 14 miles in 240'-270' down 160' - 180' fishing a white hootchie and a terd coloured hootchie with a green plaid flasher. We boated 3 springs...
  8. G

I just returned after fishing outside of Esperanza Inlet in the HWY at the 'T' I believe. We were with one of Westview Marina's guides(Pete). Out about 14 miles in 240'-270' down 160' - 180' fishing a white hootchie and a terd coloured hootchie with a green plaid flasher. We boated 3 springs...
  9. G

Campbell River Reports 2014

We saw about 20 - 30 boats at the green can and hump around high slack/flood. Glad to hear someone did well !
  10. G

Nootka Sound and Tides Effect

I've used this link as a starting point. http://www.salmonuniversity.com/nootka_sound.html Always preferred fishing into the current if not too strong...changeover periods ebb/flood, flood/ebb can be excellent.
  11. G

Nootka Sound distances

Swell watch gives you a good idea of what's happening outside. You can zoom into west coast. http://forecasts.surfingmagazine.com/#place=48.28319289548349_-124.34326199999998_6_1418_height_none_satellite_-1
  12. G

I REALLY appreciate the efforts of everyone who posts fishing reports. The detail that FOJ, Codfather and others go into about colours, baits, depths, locations goes above and beyond any self advertising promo...imo. If they were only on here to promote their businesses, they would just post...
  13. G

I REALLY appreciate the efforts of everyone who posts fishing reports. The detail that FOJ, Codfather and others go into about colours, baits, depths, locations goes above and beyond any self advertising promo...imo. If they were only on here to promote their businesses, they would just post...
  14. G

Awesome report Codfather! I'll be fishing nootka in 9 days!! Can't wait.
  15. G

Awesome report Codfather! I'll be fishing nootka in 9 days!! Can't wait.
  16. G

Awesome fishing today

Nice fish John! Leave a couple in the Ocean for us would Ya...we are still 6 weeks away from coming to Nootka!!...hahaha! Hope to be standing under that scale!!
  17. G

Shipping Nootka salmon/halibut to Winnipeg via St Jeans Campbell River ?

Ok got it! Hopefully the fish stays frozen. Its 1.5 hours drive to Nanaimo another 1.5 before departure, 7-8 hours of layovers and flying, 1.5 hours to wait for baggage and drive home. Could be almost 12 hours, door to door. Dry ice is not a good option door to door ? How about ice...
  18. G

Shipping Nootka salmon/halibut to Winnipeg via St Jeans Campbell River ?

:confused: I've researched this topic a fair bit on this board and understand the regs but can't find the easiest way to do this. Mods if this should be in the general section, please move. Ok so my upcoming trip to Nootka may produce some springs or halibut or ling cod or rock fish etc...
  19. G

Rental Fishing boats in Ukee or Tofino

Moutcha Bay also rents boats. 18' - 24' for both full and half day. They let anything over 21' go outside is what they told me on the phone! The provide all the safety gear, basic fishing gear too...not sure about gps etc...maybe another option to consider. John at Westview is great to deal...
  20. G

Nootka or Quatsino

Thanks everyone for the quick and sound advice ! Have communicated with John and will get something nailed down shortly!!
Back