Search results

1. dmurph

New trophy line

Looks like a new line of trophy has been released. Some look pretty interesting and could be pretty sweet for fishing and overnight camping for the weekend. Photos not the best on the website
  2. dmurph

Kicker motor steering and auto pilot

Who’s running what system for kicker control and how do you like it. I run a 15hp pro kicker steered with a cable drive intelli steer. It’s been good quite reliable and easy. I have an inboard main so this seems best set up. I do worry that if the intelli system goes down I have no control...
  3. dmurph

Trailer maintenance possible issues

Doing some spring maintenance on the trailer and noticed the clamp on the leaf springs has fallen apart, is this a crucial part, replaced I with what I had in the shop. Trailer was new in 2019, sure falls apart quickly
  4. dmurph

Kodiak brake parts

Who knows where to get Kodiak brake parts, specifically the pads for a 225 calliper. I’ve found them in the states but is there anything easier to order from or anything mid island that stocks them. Looks like dexter axel bought Kodiak so will try to cross reference part’s tomorrow at lordco
  5. dmurph

Looking for a igloo max cold 165qt

Anyone know where to find the big igloo 165qt coolers with the high top. Costco don’t carry them now it seems.
  6. dmurph

Bridge view centre console

Have a friend looking to get into a centre console anyone on here familiar with bridgeview boats Do these ride nice enough? Not to familiar myself with aluminum builders
  7. dmurph

Barkley anchorage

Has anyone stayed in the anchorage’s in the photo around harbour Entrance/ Jacques area?
  8. dmurph

The troops

9. dmurph

Racor filter check

Pretty nasty looking filter drain out from the racor today. Must admit this was not checked all last season and been out a few times this year. Expected a bit of water or gunk since it’s been so long but not this bad. Motor is running pretty much perfect was just a slight bit off from how it ran...
  10. dmurph

And there it is

I knew it was just a matter of a little time before global bc reported on a rescue seal or sea lion. Tonight was the night.
  11. dmurph

Vancouver aquarium to lose 3 billion per month

Was watching global the other night and they reported the aquarium is set to lose 3.1 billion per month, I fiqured they must have a reporting mistake. Anyone see this, I almost choked on the dinner I was eating lol.
  12. dmurph

Tandem boat trailer

Don’t want my trailer just sitting all winter, price drop to 3500. 2007 Karavan 6200 lbs tandem. Has had all new tires/rims , brakes, brake lines , hub assemblies, actuator and jack stand over the last few years. A little rough but lots of new parts used it most of summer to tow my 2359 trophy.
  13. dmurph

Space heater for engine compartment

I’m curious what people are doing who run space heaters in your engine compartment. I have one in mine that I’ve used and plugged in using an extension cord. Everything thing I read say not to use a extension cord to plug in space heaters but it’s impossible to plug directly to an outlet from...
  14. dmurph

tandem trailer for sale

2007 tandem 6200lbs Karavan for sale. Has had brakes redone with tian disks, new brake lines, new hub assembly has all been replaced , new actuator, new tires and rims all in last few years. Has a cracked fender, lights could use some attention and has rust in spots. Lots of new parts, not...
  15. dmurph

tandem trailer 6200lbs for sale

2007 karavan trailer for sale. 6200 lbs capacity. In the last few years I have replaced, coupler actuator, titian disk brakes, brake lines all the internal parts like bearings races and bearing buddies. Trailer has been holding my 2359 trophy and have been using it no problem. I’ve upgraded as...
  16. dmurph

Desolation sound from French Creek

Thinking to meet up with some friends heading to desolation sound. Was thinking to fish grants reef and the area around Lund. Have any of you boated there from French Creek, I have a pass at French creek so parking is free and seems safe to leave overnight. Would it be best to run from here or...
  17. dmurph

Coho opening?

Anyone know if coho is open tomorrow, I haven’t graduated from my computer programming course yet, so haven’t been able to see the notices on the Dfo site
  18. dmurph

trailer bunk guides which type?

Hey all, looking for opinions on what’s better side bunk guides or the goal post style at the rear. Going to be getting a new trailer and want to be able to easily launch solo. Launch is never much of an issue but loading can be a bit of an issue. My current trailer my boat is hard to load...
  19. dmurph

Barkley Sound fishery

Hi luckily I’m situated close enough to fish either side of the island so will be hitting the Inlet and Barkley this season. I haven’t really fished the area and I’m trying to track down the thread that was posted last year with the gps coordinates of many of the spots. I know someone has posted...
  20. dmurph

navionics plus vs platinum

Who’s running navionics platinum as opposed to navionics plus. I got the plus card but am wondering if I will get better detail with the platinum, how good is the sat overlay in the Alberni Inlet and around the sound. Do people find the sonar charts just to much. I haven’t upgraded the card so...
Back