Search results

1. capt. crunch

88 lb spring

I heard there was an 88 lb spring caught and released in Milbanke. Can anyone confirm this. If its true what a monster and good on them for releasing.
  2. capt. crunch

Lowrance elite 7 hdi cutting out losing trail

My elite 7 hdi is randomly cutting out, like shuts off and restarts itself. When it resets it loses some of the trail I'm on even though it showed them right up to the time of the glitch. Has anyone else had this happen? Any ideas for a fix? Its not the end of the world but a little...
  3. capt. crunch

Wind damage.

Had one of my side windows and the track it slides into rip off the fibreglass hardtop during the last wind storms. Does anyone know a product I can squirt in the holes and screw the track back into or am I better off drilling through and bolting on?
  4. capt. crunch

CR Thieves

2 downriggers and two rods fully rigged stolen off my boat last night. Right outside my bedroom window, less than 10 ft away. I want to boot stomp those thieving f*cks. My boat is sacred to me and I'm pissed. Now I'm gonna have to strip it after every use and tighten up security around here...
  5. capt. crunch

Hard tops

I have a friend that just bought a new Explorer not sure of any specs but he's looking to get a hard top put on it does anyone know where he can find one?
  6. capt. crunch

For Sale: StarCraft 18ft Cuddy cabin

3.0 Mercruiser rebuilt in 2010 with low freshwater hours. Lowrance HDS 5 plotter/sounder with Navionics charts Soft top, side windows, drop curtain and travel/storage cover. Wired for electric Scottys , HD spring assisted kicker bracket, new tires on trailer 3500$ Also available 2 new 60"...
  7. capt. crunch

Volvo penta xdp outdrive

I hear they have reliability issues. Does anyone know anything about this? Looking at boats across the border and don't want to make the drive for a lemon.
  8. capt. crunch

The boat search.

It's actually really hard finding the right boat. Been looking for weeks and weeks. Found something I really liked here in Campbell River, phoned all week and unable to get a hold of the seller. Finally talked to him last night and he said he was going to Port Alberni Thursday that I could come...
  9. capt. crunch

Inboards

Why does everyone have a hate on for inboards? Just curious, but it seems most do.
  10. capt. crunch

Striper vs Trophy

What are the differences between a striper and a trophy? Pros/Cons Which do you like better and why? Thanks for any input guys. Boat shopping fun and frustrating all at the same time.
  11. capt. crunch

How many hours is too many?

Starting to get two footitis. Looking at used boats. How many hours is too many on a motor? I know every motor is different but just a few opinions would be nice. Thanks
  12. capt. crunch

Scotty Electric Downriggers for sale.

I just saw a pair of down riggers in the Comox valley Craigslist. Like new. Seemed like a pretty decent deal??? if anyone's looking.
Back