Search results

1. WaterRats

Prawn Puller for sale

Does it fit a scotty mount?
  2. WaterRats

1980 Thermoglass for sale - $1800 OBO

I have a 14’ 1980 Thermoglass with a 1981 115Hp Mercury Tower of power for sale. Haven’t yet run it up for the season, however it was running when I put her to bed for the winter. She not a pretty boat as she could use some new lounge seats (the vinyl has eroded from sun exposure and being...
  3. WaterRats

2 Scotty Gimbal mounts

Interested. Could I come see them?
  4. WaterRats

Prawning help for a beginner

Thank-you all for the great pointers. Been studying the charts and have a few ideas now. Off to go give it a shot. Cheers
  5. WaterRats

2018 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Was also out on Sunday. Have to admit this was the first time I've ever had to scrape the windshield of the boat before. She was good and frozen. Spent a good 8 hours on the water and tried everything from Salmon to Hali to Prawn and Crab. Picked up a nice little Lingcod, but sent him back down...
  6. WaterRats

Trying the Victoria waterfront.
  7. WaterRats

So here I am on my first prawn adventure, not really knowing what I'm doing. I've got a trap, float, some yum yum bait, weights and an anchor,and yet nothing to show for it. I dropped my set up in approx 300' of water and let it soak for almost 7 hours. While I'm thinking perhaps I was in the...
  8. WaterRats

Put a good 6 hours on the new Hali Anchor set-up Trevor and the boys at Trotac helped me put together. OMG was it ever slick. I love it! Had the father inlaw onboard too and he was ready to try and climb over the bow to try and heave in by hand. It was a real “hold my drink and watch this”...
  9. WaterRats

Finally got the boat back in the water and washed some bait Friday night. No luck, but it didn't matter. So nice to be back out. Hali hunting begins tomorrow.
  10. WaterRats

2 Shimano Moocher Reels for sale.

I have 2 used Shimano Moocher Reels for sale. 1 - Moocher 200GT 1 - Moocher Plus 2000 GT I just cleaned and serviced both, but have decided I’d really like to switch to a new Islander MR3 or get another Trophy XL Tyee QR. These Shimano reels have a lot of life left and are ready to spool and...
  11. WaterRats

WTB-Pink Islander MR3

I've been trying for a while now to find a pink islander for my lady and haven't had much luck finding one. Does anyone have one for sale? Cheers WR
  12. WaterRats

2017 Port Renfrew Reports

What techniques are you guys using to bring home these mackerel? Never fished them before but they look like fun.
  13. WaterRats

2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Tried everywhere today and finally when I called it quits a started bringing up gear I happen to notice that my anchovies doubled on one line.... well there was a little coho trying to impersonate one anyway. He was more then happy to be sent back to the deep blue. Totally dead today other wise...
  14. WaterRats

Wicked awesome morning on the water. Made the long trip out to go work the border south east of race rocks and man did it pay off. 15 min after putting the lines down and the bite was on. Hauled up 4 coho one of which jumped on the line before I could even get the rod back in the holder after...
  15. WaterRats

Spent the evening out on Constance bank and then finished up on the waterfront. Tried to line up the solunar bite and got completely snubbed. All in all it was a nice time in the water with the fam, but a fish or two, ok maybe even just a few bites would have made it that much sweeter.
  16. WaterRats

Electronics and Steering Advice Please

I too am looking to do some upgrades in my boat. Great post. If you get the answers you're looking for I'd love a share. Cheers
  17. WaterRats

Well what started out a lil testy this morning as a gent pulled his little Saab right into the last long boat trailer parking spot right infront on me at Macaulay just so he could take his dog for a walk, turned out to be a pretty awesome day on the water. Fished everywhere to day since the...
  18. WaterRats

Well it was a lumpy day of washing bait today. Started off with a long haul out from Macaulay to Pedder Bay. Had a nice wind shelter there for most of the morning, only feeling it when we'd pass the gut between bentink island and the main island. Unfortunately not even a bite. Tried many depths...
  19. WaterRats

Sidney/ Victoria trailer shop recommendations

You want to book in with Murray at Cap-it in Langford. He's an honest shooter and easy to work with. He just did my trailer when I was in a real bind... literally. Tell him Nick with the 24' Trophy sent you.
Back