Search results

1. C

Tales From The Tyee Pool......2021..

A bit of Tyee Trivia, Bobby Joseph (who also guided at Dolphins way back in the late 1980's) probably caught the largest fish ever landed in the Tyee Pool ! This was back in the late 1980's and was an 80lb+ halibut! They didn't want to take the beast back with them in the row boat, so put it...
  2. C

Campbell River Salmon Foundation 50/50

Stizzla, you rock! Your efforts are appreciated , thank you.
  3. C

Campbell River Salmon Foundation 50/50

Campbell River Salmon Foundation CRSF 2021 50/50 Raffle If you have caught a fish in the Campbell River area, YOU ARE CATCHING OUR FISH!.........................and we want you to catch MORE! (and keep some for the future). Over the past 12 years the Campbell River Salmon Foundation has funded...
  4. C

2021 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Any sign of spawning herring? I would like jig a bunch for bait, some for my Danish friend to pickle, and to get out on the water to watch the wildlife show. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
  5. C

Tuna 2020

That is an awesome picture. Incredibly rare!
  6. C

2020 Tuna Adventures

Hey guys, can you go to the saltwater forum and under "Tuna 2020" post your "big fish", strangest catch, weird sightings for 2020? Not a tuna report, just "this happened to me" in 2020. Thanks
  7. C

Tuna 2020

Not a fishing report, just a few weird and wonderful incidents from 2020 albacore fishing; Biggest albacore - 28lbs 11oz fatty Partner grabbed a flopping albacore hooked on an Xrap. Two points of a big treble just below the pinkie. Buddy says it doesn't feel good when the fish flops around...
  8. C

Tipping a Guide

Please ask them what they do for salmon enhancement. Not "DFO, damn seals, Fn's, We, Fraser Slide, etc." What they actually do to give back.
  9. C

SOLD SOLD SOLD

Two 15ft silver and gold collapsable Taco outriggers. Extend to 15ft. Quick detach mounts and mounting plates included. These came with the new boat from South Carolina and I will not use them. $400.00 Send me a message and I will call. Located in Campbell River call
  10. C

2020 Winter Harbour Reports

http://www.quatsehatchery.ca/marble-river-hatchery If you are headed to the area and filling the coolers, don't forget to leave something behind Too many boats drop in, fill up, and leave with full monster coolers Someone, somewhere worked there butt off to make the fish you are catching. Easy...
  11. C

fishing expenses and when are you considered a guide

Don't forget you and your buds throwing a few bucks to local salmon enhancement.
  12. C

Please ask one more question

A local fishing resort has been operating for 30+ years and their guides are fish killers. Know what they have done for enhancement? (0) Any guess about how many fish have been shipped out of there? Thousands. As a guide, if I club 100 fish per year, my use of a public resource is much greater...
  13. C

Please ask one more question

Fish cost $$$, lots of $$$ It's the season where we all daydream of getting out, hooking the big one, time with the family, a trip with the boys! But please don't forget.......... If you catch one, try to put one back. If you are looking at booking a charter, ask the lodge/guide what they do...
  14. C

I don't contribute to Salmon Enhancement because.........

The last couple of years I have made an effort to have meaningful discussions with all of the local user groups. Casual anglers, serious anglers, guides, lodges, commercial fishers, First Nations and whale watchers & tour operators. I think I have heard every reason (good, bad, partially true...
  15. C

At least 7 grizzly bears spotted near Sayward

------------------------ As the crow flies, Glendale Cove and Knights Inlet Bear Lodge is 35kms from Kelsey Bay, with logging roads over all of the non water parts. The bears concentrate in the Glendale area for fish runs in the fall, and on the greenery of the estuary in the spring summer...
  16. C

At least 7 grizzly bears spotted near Sayward

A double whammy in my opinion. The number of Grizz on the mainland adjacent to Vancouver Island have been increasing over the past 15-20 years. On a spring day cruise you used to see 10 black bears. These days it's no black bears and 3 grizzlies. The other factor is Pink and Chum runs...
  17. C

Tales From The Tyee Pool...........2019...

#1 The "Man in the Black Hat" last night #2 Is that him out in mid channel? What's he doing out there? Bent rod?
  18. C

Tales From The Tyee Pool...........2019...

The "Man with the Black Hat", Dave in action. Thanks for the posts Dave.
Back