Search results

1. F

Replacement hooks - your "go to"

Often, manufacturers don't put the best hooks on their retail products. Example would be a brand new, in-the-package spoon with "whatever" make hook on it that automatically needs to be replaced before it even comes close to your tackle box. What hook make do you go to? Mustad? Owner...
  2. F

Any interest in Matrixx, Michigan Stinger and Titan spoons

Hello - I wanted to reach out to you all in Canada regarding some salmon spoons I have for sale. All brand new in factory packaging. I have some Blue Fox Matrixx, Michigan Stinger and O'ki Titan spoons that I could post pictures of if there is interest. I do have a question though about...
  3. F

Anyone fished out of Scotia Bay campground before?

Was thinking of trying out the Port Hardy area and saw that Scotia Bay had an RV camground and a small marina. They are located just outside Port Hardy, maybe a mile down the road? Any insight, your experience, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks
  4. F

Experience fishing out of Port Hardy or Port McNeill?

I was wondering how the Port Hardy or Port McNeill sport fishing expeience compares to the west coast of Vancouver Island? I've fished Nootka Sound and Esperanza but always wondered about the north island. So, questions about fishing out of Port Hardy/Port McNeill... Highway good all the...
  5. F

Anyone ever build a pot puller using a wheelchair motor?

Seems like these are beefy motors that would have more than enough torque. Most are 24v it seems. Dumb question, would running a 24v motor off a 12v supply simply result in 1/2 the rpm? Anyway, thought I would see if its been tried Thanks
  6. F

What is back trolling?

OK, I've heard about this before and had someone describe it to me once but not sure I "got it." What's your description of back trolling and what benefit does it have compared to front trolling? It stand to reason that this is done in relatively calm seas? Any chop would tend to increase...
  7. F

How to wire a "two batteries with switch" setup

Are there basically two schools of thought about this? 1. Two Marine/RV batteries hooked to a switch with engines and electronics all wired together. In this way there is always a (theoretically) fully charged batetry in reserve and the switch is used to make sure either battery can be...
  8. F

Thoughts about Raider boats

OK, serioulsy considering a 2011 Raider hardtop with 150 yamaha and double axle EZ Loader. The only real aspect of the boat I am not happy with is the deadrise towards rear. Bow is pretty agressive angle but it gets pretty flat towards the transom. Otherwise, it has plenty of beam...
  9. F

Navionics chips for sale

Just listed Navionics Classic Vancouver Island... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200455462681&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT Navionics Classic Puget Sound, Strait Jaun de Fuca, Georgia Strsit, WA coast...
  10. F

Navionics Classic chip NC/CA 192XL

If you need this chip check out eBay 200447727373
Back