Search results

1. MacDuff

Tire recommendations for heavy gravel road use!

10 plys M/S from Associated Tire Campbell River. I drive the 64 km Head Bay FSR year round 6-8 times/month. Zero flats in 8 years.
  2. MacDuff

2023 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Excellent. Fished high rocks-Tatchu contours on Saturday - 4 guys tagged out by noon springs and coho. Deep on skinny g's. Heard from reliable guys that low rock/outer black and pin rocks are on now. Hali has been slow in 125 due to the long liners. North is way better.
  3. MacDuff

Zeballos or Tahsis or Gold River

Drove the Head Bay FSR from Tahsis to Campbell River yesterday afternoon. It's in great shape, except for the 42km hill which is washboard. Dust control has been applied and most of the climb out of Gold River has been graded. Saw 3 p/u pulling boats heading to Moutcha Bay/Tahsis. Last 18km...
  4. MacDuff

Campbell River Hotels

Coast Discovery offers the best parking - big lot with plenty of space. Breakfast included.
  5. MacDuff

The Head Bay FSR is in better condition than it has been in several years. It is chip sealed from KM 18 to Tahsis and other sections were also chip sealed last summer. I would say for those of us boat owners who live in Tahsis the opinions are divided whether to tow or launch in Gold River. I...
  6. MacDuff

info@esperanza.ca (250)483-4125.
  7. MacDuff

Esperanza's prices are typically less than Westview's by as much as $.10/l. Plus there's the "free" ice cream :) Westview is charging $2.55 as of this past Saturday.
  8. MacDuff

Cabins at Friendly Cove still renting?

Try calling the Mowachaht/Muchalaht First Nation office at 250 283-2015.
  9. MacDuff

Westjet ruins fishing trip

Buddy and his oldest son from Tucson spent 5 fabulous days with me fishing Esperanza/Sandstone/Tatchu - tagged out on springs and bunch of lings and rockfish. Filled up two airline boxes and stopped at Praxair in CR for 5 lbs of dry ice per box this morning. Baggage screener at the Comox...
  10. MacDuff

Tahsis Ice

Yes, same place. New owners, great service. https://www.tahsisicehouse.com
  11. MacDuff

2022 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Th HBFSR is in typical summer condition - potholes in sections, especially bridge approaches, and the KM44 hill is washboard. Dust control material has been applied so wash your truck and trailer as soon as you can. Can't speak to the condition of the Nesook spur.
  12. MacDuff

There's a boat mechanic in Tahsis who does welding.
  13. MacDuff

Yes, you can head up the rolling roadstead on the north side of Catala. Pay close attention to your GPS and maintain visuals - lots of rocks and reefs. Expect big swells when you reach High Rock as it shallows up to 40 feet or so all the way past Tatchu so give the point a wide berth. You...
  14. MacDuff

Head Bay closes for all finfish on July 15th. Check the Area 25 closure map and regs for specifics. DFO was on the water and in the air this past weekend.
  15. MacDuff

Blind Reef can be productive too, but Pin Rocks are between Blind Reef and Nootka Island. You will likely see other boats there when you reach the mouth of the inlet between Catala Island and Nootka Island. The kelp can be thick in that area. Going north, you can fish from Sandstone up to...
  16. MacDuff

Ferrer, Low Rock, Pin Rocks, Sandstone and north to Grassy. Columbia springs are in Ferrer now.
  17. MacDuff

gold river boat launch

About 1/3 of the Head Bay FSR is chip sealed. Most of that is from the Conuma Hatchery to Tahsis. There's a boat launch in Tahsis. It was constructed as a float plan ramp. Launching at high tide is recommended. There is limited parking at the boat launch. Additional parking is available at...
  18. MacDuff

gold river boat launch

Hauling on the HBFSR will shut down by the end of June if not earlier.
  19. MacDuff

Need new Boat insurance

Navis Marine Insurance Brokers. Their office is located in Vancouver and I'm in Tahsis. No issues. www.navismarine.ca
  20. MacDuff

Campbell River Motels

I stay in CR overnight every two weeks or so year round - usually at the Coast Discovery. If you're pulling a boat, there's lot of parking.
Back