Search results

1. Someday

avet jx 6/3 mc 2 speed reels for sale

I realize this is an old post but.... any chance you still have the left-hand reel for sale?
  2. Someday

Ice in fish wells

Just curious if anyone has had damage to their fiberglass boats as a result of ice accumulating in the fish wells and then freezing? When I came home tonight, I thought I would clean out the pine needles that had fallen into my boat. After picking up pine needles and a few leaves I lifted the...
  3. Someday

trade 18lb cannon ball

Traded, thanks.
  4. Someday

trade 18lb cannon ball

Will keep it in mind. No plans right now. Thanks.
  5. Someday

trade 18lb cannon ball

I have a nearly new 18lb cannon ball with fin, and looking to trade straight across for a 15lb with fin, in equivalent shape. I live in Nanaimo.
  6. Someday

2020 Nanaimo Reports

I will give you my thoughts. I was out today (Friday). It was great weather, low wind, and although I caught 8 springs, (and lost a doubleheader as they got tangled crossing lines, lol) All were undersize. I caught fish on plugs, and lures. The low tide change was the key time to fish. The most...
  7. Someday

Tomic Plugs (new) plus other fishing gear for sale.

Very interested in some plugs. Hope to hear back from you.
  8. Someday

2019 Nanaimo Reports

I think the best one this year has been the 5" 094, and I tried a 602 (thinking it was too big) and 5 minutes later caught the 14. Two fish were caught at 60' and 1 at 100'. It was early in the morning when fish are usually shallower.
  9. Someday

2019 Nanaimo Reports

Just a heads up for anyone fishing around Hudsons Rock near five Fingers. there is a really bad dead head in the water. I tried to grab it but it is way to heavy and slippery, and I had nothing with me to mark it. It is really bad as it only sticks out of the water two inches or so. On a good...
  10. Someday

2019 Nanaimo Reports

Agree with Unreel. Sunday was awesome. Roughly 20 salmon. Non stop action in the mid day. Released 5 in the 15-17 lb range. Another 5 or 6 in the 7-10 lb range and shakers. One keeper ling on the troll for a bonus. Had my cousin and friend out from Van. They couldn’t believe the action...
  11. Someday

Anybody fished old Les Davis Cut Plug 5" lure before?

I love em.....Last fall I was able to buy 10 from places like ebay and such. I do like to troll them between 1.8 and 2.3 mph. I generally like to use the 4" but I do have a couple 5"s. I was not on the island when they first came out, and from peoples comments, they were a little more popular...
  12. Someday

Best place for trailer tires in Victoria

Check with Costco online. Delivers to your door in about a week. I bought 2 rims and tires complete (14") for 210$. Then I needed to replace another one later, for my tandem trailer and paid 190$ plus tax at Canadian Tire. If you have time, it might be worth a look. Just be sure to get radial...
  13. Someday

Les Davis cut plug

Yes, Dogbreath. I have bought some on ebay. Some wont ship to Canada, and other want too much $$. Hoping to buy some locally.
  14. Someday

Les Davis cut plug

I am looking to purchase some Les Davis cut plugs. I would prefer the #4, but if a 3 or 5 was in decent shape, I would probably consider them too. I know that everybody at one time or another had one or two of these in their boxes. Whether you caught fish on them or not, well, I will let you...
  15. Someday

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Pretty amazing hali! Maybe Someday I will catch a hali in FC. I will give Bushy credit too for filleting the hali too.
  16. Someday

Bushy.......a man of many talents. Here is a jigging secret on how to land the big ones.
  17. Someday

2017 Nanaimo Reports

It was a very slow day for fishing on Monday morning. I couldn't stand the algae at 5 fingers, so I tried Entrance Island. Maybe a little better. Landed 4 keeper springs, but only kept one. Bonus was catching the rock cod, who was eaten by the sea wolf and wouldn't let go....Oh well his loss my...
  18. Someday

LOL Is that Bushy's new rod? His last one was a little different. Maybe just a different model. :)
  19. Someday

Fishwell lids

Will start searching......thanks Trophywife.
  20. Someday

Fishwell lids

I am hoping to replace 2 fishwell lids from my 1991 20' Trophy. They are 19" wide, and 41" long. I thought I would put this out here, as it isn't feasible to repair them. I have thought of replacing them with checkered aluminum lids, but I would like to keep the original look. Hope to hear from...
Back