Search results

1. PapaWisky

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Couple updates for everyone. Fished Nootka beginning of May...was epic to say least ... even got a 41" Chinook. Have a watch here... Returns of some 5 year old Chinook this season, no early season commercial Chinook fishery and little traffic due to Covid are setting us up for one of the best...
  2. PapaWisky

2020 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Very glad you found and shared one of last years trips Pescador. Scheduled to be back June and July this year. If anyone sees us, please say hello. Will be staying at Critter . Cheers.
  3. PapaWisky

2018 Nanaimo Reports

What a spectacular day on the water today. Fished the usual suspects, entrance, snake, fingers, neck point...2 shakers and a 65cm that we happily released. Also had a pin popper that swatted a plug. Saw lots of marks and bait.
  4. PapaWisky

2017 Sooke Reports

Careful at the launches when a stranger asks to buy your catch...sneaky dfo have played tricks like that. Suddenly you are on the receiving end of a nasty fine. Great fishing reports lately.
  5. PapaWisky

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Phone went rogue. Apologies for how the attachments came out.
  6. PapaWisky

2017 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

Finally able to post, got busy after we got home. A week late but figure I should share. Appreciate the great posts from the usual suspects...SF, CF...didn't see you but I'm sure you were around. Spent three lovely nights at critter with my wife. While she's been to Nootka prior, critter...
  7. PapaWisky

2017 Alberni Inlet

Now that's funny...
  8. PapaWisky

2017 Nanaimo Reports

Went out solo last night. 2 double headers. Lost a zinger. Landed a couple 10lbers. 11/12 hits in total. Landed 6. All deep...190 to 205, about 1 km straight off big finger, near the highway. Pretty much where all the boats were. Chovie was best with green flasher of course. This slime will...
  9. PapaWisky

2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

I'd gaff those PRI@#$KS.
  10. PapaWisky

Chum Derby 2016

Thanks Coastal Marine
  11. PapaWisky

Chum Derby 2016

How is the boat launch and parking at Brown's? Thanks kindly.
  12. PapaWisky

2016 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Fishing Reports

Dan, nice to see you hooked up. Beauty update SF. What boat are you running? What gives on the DFO report that extra extra fish and big ones are coming through? Time will tell.
  13. PapaWisky

Nootka first timer

Critter Cove absolutely. But call and see if they have space. Launch from Gold River is fine, pick the tide and pay parking in effect. Moucha has a good launch, but a bit of a drive going in. You can also launch at Cougar Creek, but again pick a higher tide arrival time. Might want to check...
  14. PapaWisky

Well...not unlike the last weeks worth of posts, fishing was remarkable slow. Stayed at Critter Cove 3 days - Wed, Thurs and got back Friday night. This year was like none I have experienced out there. (Last year at this same time was unbelievably productive.) Perhaps the major low pressure...
  15. PapaWisky

Thanks very much SF...I just checked the article. I have been to most of those spots...just didn't know all the names. Great appreciated. Cheers, PW
  16. PapaWisky

Heading back to Nootka in a couple days. Where are the pins in the trench and beano? What radio channel do you guys monitor? Spring fever...appreciate all the tips hints and tricks over the past couple years. Perhaps see you out there. Cheers!
  17. PapaWisky

2016 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Seafarer...surely appreciate the gear pics and details on what you work with! Spent the day out in the sun and calm water yesterday, all around the Chelsea and up just north of Gerald. Great day but no keepers, a few in the 23 inch range, and lots of shakers. Picked up a couple beauty ling and...
  18. PapaWisky

2016 Nanaimo Reports

End up heading out of Schooner. Picked up 2 keepers, one released and one into the fry pan tonite. Couple other small ones and 2 small coho. 120 to 130', green blend coyote spoon. Then the storm came...
  19. PapaWisky

2016 Nanaimo Reports

Heading out shortly...will post tonight for an update. Either way...I'd rather be fishing than...anything else!
  20. PapaWisky

2016 Nanaimo Reports

Pretty quiet in here...what gives. It's either really good and everyone's fishing or sadly very slow. Tight lines!
Back