Search results

1. RecklessPursuit

Mid to late August....Haida or Nootka question

Hi Gents, The 9th is coming an I am soooo looking forward to come up to BC again. Due to the short notice I am looking for hitting one of two of my favorite places either Haida or Nootka. Availability wise I can get into Nootka Sound starting on the Ninth through August. Cannot get bookings to...
  2. RecklessPursuit

Folbe, Orca, Or Stealth rod holders

I just purchased a set of the Stealth 2 quick release rod holders. I was hoping it would help with getting the out of the holder more easily when trolling deep. I fish with my girlfriend mostly and she has a hard time due to the pressure and I have to run back to help. I don't mind but to me...
  3. RecklessPursuit

Amundson TMX5-GR with Amundson Savvy Sumo SSM106MH mooching rod

Gold reel Brand New used once, now has 30lb mono backer with brand new 65lb braid and a 30lb mono top shot. This is my standard set up on my MR 3's great for deep trolling as the braid has way less blow back. Want to sell as combo only. $450.00 I live in Seattle but willing to ship. 206-295-9103
  4. RecklessPursuit

Amundson TMX5-GR with Amundson Savvy Sumo SSM106MH mooching rod

Gold reel Brand New used once, now has 30lb mono backer with brand new 65lb braid and a 30lb mono top shot. This is my standard set up on my MR 3's great for deep trolling as the braid has way less blow back. Want to sell as combo only. $450.00 I live in Seattle but willing to ship. 206-295-9103
  5. RecklessPursuit

HWY 4 Height restriction to Port Alberni?

Does any one know if there is a site or someone with knowledge of any ht. restrictions on HWY 4 to Port Alberni? I know HWY 19 is all good but unfamiliar with HWY 4 Thinking of towing my boat to Port Alberni this August and was wondering if there were any ht. restrictions on that Hwy. I need...
  6. RecklessPursuit

Barkley Lings, or Blackcod

I have heard the tip of Ratnose is a good spot to try for Lings. I have hot targeted them here before, does anyone has any advice on any other areas to try? Thanks in advance.
  7. RecklessPursuit

Last minute moorage

Hi I am looking for moorage for August ( I know...ha ha) I had a trip planned to Rivers inlet that just fell apart. We are quite open and I understand that this is more than last minute. We can be there anytime between August7th through the 27th we are looking to spend anywhere from 3 to 5...
  8. RecklessPursuit

Rod Holders

I fish MR3 Islanders set up for a right handed retrieve (my meaning of this is I hold the butt of the rod in my left hand and the reel handle is on the right) . The reel is mounted on a 10-1/2 ft Mooching rod and I currently use the round rod holders that come standard on the Scotty 1106...
  9. RecklessPursuit

Rivers Inlet Timing

Hi All I am new to this site and have a question about timing the run up at Rivers Inlet. I have the opportunity to go up with a group to RI for a week starting the 10th of July 2010. I have never fished that area before, I mostly fish the west side of VI in early to mid August for Springs. My...
Back