Search results

1. K

Outboard motor spacing

Thanks again Salmon killer Appreciated
  2. K

Outboard motor spacing

Just a kicker and the main , I’m not sure if they will be married together all the time , ideally yes. Probably end up with separate steering Brando thanks for the schematic,much appreciated , Thanks to everyone else also
  3. K

Outboard motor spacing

Sounds like a plan , I thought I already had that info but can’t find it. And much appreciated.
  4. K

Outboard motor spacing

Thanks Salmonkiller That’s a measurement we don’t have , but we’ll figure it out Wolf , the pod builder and I are building this ourselves, well he’s building it . This will be his first pod and This was one measurement we didn’t have, we’re also not doing this blind we had it laid out by an...
  5. K

Outboard motor spacing

Good evening I’m currently having a pod built and I’m hoping some one can tell me or measure their’s , the minimum centre to centre hole spacing between the main and the kicker, want to make sure we have enough clearance. 2024 Merc 200 and 2014 merc pro kicker Thanks Kilwinning.
  6. K

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Thanks Kaelc maybe taking a look at it.
  7. K

Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Any known issues with 150 Honda outboards of that Vintage?
  8. K

1981 Double Eagle gets a second chance

Hey Dan your project is really coming along, and a beautiful job I was wondering if you don’t mind what primer you used. Thanks Kilwinning.
  9. K

Double Eagle 17' 6" I/O Project Boat

Dang that looks good, your doing a great job 👍🏻 kilwinning
  10. K

Laminating Epoxy

Thanks Fritz , I’m always open to opinions and experience, Do it once do it right, and times two on the heavy swells
  11. K

Laminating Epoxy

That’s good to know Brando, I have watched quite a few of that guy’s videos and your right he does know his stuff. Thanks again Kilwinning.
  12. K

Laminating Epoxy

Thanks Fritz i will fix it properly with layers of cloth built up to the right thickness , not going to take short cuts now that the dirty work is done. I have down loaded west systems manual , The laminating epoxy looked interesting to me , so if it’s on par with west systems I’ll have to...
  13. K

Laminating Epoxy

Question about epoxy Is laminating epoxy a good fit for adding multiple layers to the transom skin on my older double eagle. I was thinking of using silver tip laminating epoxy. When I removed the wood I removed some fibreglass in the odd spot, was just going to repair with thickened...
  14. K

Milky lower unit oil mercury 8hp

If your motor is only two years old wouldn’t it be covered on warranty, worth a shot on getting them to fix it unless it had fishing line or something get in there.
  15. K

That’s good to know , I had planned on going 3/4” laminated but the thinnest I could get was 1.25 , I’ll have to make it work , sorry about the hijack , this is a great thread
  16. K

Thanks for that , my transom is curved , might be a learning curve as I go.
  17. K

Excellent job your doing on your rebuild, I noticed you used coosa for your transom, just wondering what diameter and if your transom is curved and any problems installing the coosa. thanks Kilwinning.
  18. K

1977 Double Eagle 206 Build

Thanks for that , was thinking of a 30 but but you have to put your name on a waiting list for a motor now and there all 25 they had on order , which I believe is an XL , again great job on the build
Back